Page 1002 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 250290295299210001001100210031004101210521102 ... LastLast
Results 10,011 to 10,020 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The stadium looks maybe 1/3 full for Iowa vs Kentucky.

1/3 of an NFL stadium = 3/3 of an MLS stadium.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You obviously arent in possession of the elchapo magic wand that will make it rain dollars from everyone except from himself of course.
    Money wouldn't be a problem if we do what und does and tap the general fund for any deficits for the athletic department. Looks like close to 10M a year.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Coached name a conference, yes indeed. And then everything else described the exact challenges and/or reasons why NDSU is not FBS at the moment.

So.....awesome I guess.
    it's a f$%#king plane ride 5 times a year. WE DAM NEAR ALREADY DO THAT!!!

enough w the geography bull$hit its MOOT.

with the NEW EXPANDED CFP w the #1 ranked G5 getting an AUTOMATIC BID......AAC & MWC should want the best football teams in their conference to achieve that!!!

NDSU
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

with the NEW EXPANDED CFP w the #1 ranked G5 getting an AUTOMATIC BID......AAC & MWC should want the best football teams in their conference to achieve that!!!

NDSU
    Except geography is quoted over and over and is literally the main reason they aren’t fbs right now.

it's a strawman for pussy ass admin & fans who fear ndsu failing.
    WE WOULS NOT FAIL AT FBS.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Strawman alert!

Facts are hard. It sucks.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

NDSU
    It's 6 times a year IF we can get a football only invite. That's not easy at the FBS level. Our costs would go up many other ways as well, more than the $2m/y AAC payout. Better media payout is part of the reason I like MWC. But AAC would be a great move. Need to get basketball on track, that's a very competitive conference.

It's becoming clear NDSU leadership wants to do this right, and not settle for some pansy ass conference like CUSA or ASun/WAC. They are wiser than most people here give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I can't help but think of this comment in the Athletic in the context of how I've viewed public comments about NDSU going FBS this entire time. People haven't been making public comments because the narrative needs to be very tightly guarded. We, and any potential suitor, need to control the conversation and not let the media just run with it. It's the reason that so many people here have been so agitated. You just can't have ME or ML out making statements about the possibility of things and potentially ruining something that could or should be in the works.

That's what makes this a remarkable comment to me. I feel like it means one of two things:

1) An AAC invitation is in the final stages of development and there's nothing to guard against anymore.

or

2) It's now a lost fucking cause and now there's nothing left to protect.
    I cant imagine the AAC inviting us directly from FCS.

We are stuck in between all of them. AAC would be the strongest in regards to competition. MAC would be best for footprint and we already recruit in some of those area. MWC wouldnt be ideal for away game times, but some of the teams are close and I think many of them are our peers. Overall I think MWC would be the best for all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    It's laughable at this point.