Page 1000 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 500900950990998999100010011002101010501100 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,000 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Thank you.

Oddly enough, the article mentions 2 problems: geography and no invitation, per usual.

I would hardly call that a groundbreaking piece, lol Basically reiterated why NDSU isn't FBS and Entz comments mean literally nothing.
    Surely you can drop your shtick enough to admit that it is by far more than anyone from his level at NDSU has ever said regarding a specific conference
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

No road trips to Hawaii if you are in the AAC. Lots of Central time schools..The American makes a whole lot more sense than the MW.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    NDSU can be interested in the B1G too, if the conference doesn't want them it doesn't mean jack shit.
    Surely Chapo is interested in Gisele (now that she's dumped GOAT).

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Surely you can drop your shtick enough to admit that it is by far more than anyone from his level at NDSU has ever said regarding a specific conference
    I'm with you hear....this is more than I recall having been said by someone officially speaking for NDSU. Of course that doesn't mean it will happen, but it's good to know they are open to it. That's really all we can ask...as has been pointed out, they need to want NDSU. Maybe it will happen. I still hold out hope with all of these big changes eventually something will snap into place.

As for my personal opinion, the AAC would be a great outcome.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Coached name a conference, yes indeed. And then everything else described the exact challenges and/or reasons why NDSU is not FBS at the moment.

So.....awesome I guess.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I'm with you hear....this is more than I recall having been said by someone officially speaking for NDSU. Of course that doesn't mean it will happen, but it's good to know they are open to it. That's really all we can ask...as has been pointed out, they need to want NDSU. Maybe it will happen. I still hold out hope with all of these big changes eventually something will snap into place.

As for my personal opinion, the AAC would be a great outcome.
    On the contrary, this is a whole bunch of words that say nothing. That's the best kind of press release. The AAC simply isn't going to extend an invite because our coach says he likes playing the in the Central time zone. There's literally nothing new here. We don't have an invite, geography is a killer. Same as before. Not a shtick, just understanding reality. You want FBS? Increase enrollment, improve MBB, and get SDSU to come along. Same as before.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    On the contrary, this is a whole bunch of words that say nothing. That's the best kind of press release. The AAC simply isn't going to extend an invite because our coach says he likes playing the in the Central time zone. There's literally nothing new here. We don't have an invite, geography is a killer. Same as before. Not a shtick, just understanding reality. You want FBS? Increase enrollment, improve MBB, and get SDSU to come along. Same as before.
    It is the first time I've heard anybody from NDSU say what their preferred conference is though.

That'd be a pretty big step up since those programs have 7-figure budgets for salaries - looks like the lowest-paid coach last year was getting $1.3 million/year base. Source: How Much Do AAC Teams Pay Their Coaches - Underdog Dynasty

And I agree with a previous posters: Mountain/Pacific conferences make very little sense for NDSU because 9pm start times really suck - bad for Bison fans, bad for our student-athletes (IMO.) Now if the MWC went crazy and added several teams from the CST, that'd be a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It is the first time I've heard anybody from NDSU say what their preferred conference is though.

That'd be a pretty big step up since those programs have 7-figure budgets for salaries - looks like the lowest-paid coach last year was getting $1.3 million/year base. Source: How Much Do AAC Teams Pay Their Coaches - Underdog Dynasty
    It's the first time I've read an actual quote from ML basically say he wants it, so I would say that aspect is new

You want FBS? Increase enrollment, improve MBB, and get SDSU to come along. Same as before.
    Just assimilate und and problem solved. They have a major branding problem anyway, so win for them too. Plus they'd finally be R1 ...

I do agree about the bunnies, as much as I hate to give them that kind of power

Only way it would work right now is FB only

The landscape has some major shifting to do yet, but I don't think it will ever be realistic to talk about the 4 Dakota schools as FBS. It's just not there

Lol after years of "they can't say anything! it might mess up the process!" to "oh those words don't mean anything". From "gotta wait for the transformation committee" to "as expected, not a lot here". hmmm.... some nice pivots going this week

I'd say one of three things, either:

1) Entz wasn't supposed to have replied like that and boss isn't happy with him now
    2) That's actually how the athletic department feels (maybe they're even working on something...? ) and there isn't the feeling that the MAC or MW will work (aka if they were working on a MW invite, your HC wouldn't go on record saying his preference is the AAC because it doesn't have the geography of the MW)
    3) We're never going FBS and so he's pretty much free to speculate what conference he'd like to join because none of them are happening ever

At the end of the day I guarantee you nobody in this forum would've ever guessed yesterday that a story was coming out in the athletic today where Entz states his preferred FBS conference. I don't necessarily think it means something directly. But this was a pretty big surprise that he didn't respond with the *pulls string in Woody's back* "I don't worry about that stuff, we're just trying to move our football program forward" canned response that the whole department has been using for a decade now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*