Page 1296 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2967961196124612861294129512961297129813061346 ... LastLast
Results 12,951 to 12,960 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

gymnastics, obviously
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ok FBS fans, here's how we do it. With the attendance requirement dropped the $5M fee is a lot cheaper than stadium renovations to add empty seats. The WAC has stated they plan to return to FBS football and the recent UAC is a step towards that. They have 11 members but not all will likely make it, they could use a few more. When they jump, the 4 Dakotas could join as a solid northern pod. Probably looking at a 5-10 year timeframe but this is far more realistic than a fantasy AAC or MWC invite.

Or am I still FCS Forever?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Ok FBS fans, here's how we do it. With the attendance requirement dropped the $5M fee is a lot cheaper than stadium renovations to add empty seats. The WAC has stated they plan to return to FBS football and the recent UAC is a step towards that. They have 11 members but not all will likely make it, they could use a few more. When they jump, the 4 Dakotas could join as a solid northern pod. Probably looking at a 5-10 year timeframe but this is far more realistic than a fantasy AAC or MWC invite.

Some will bitch because it's not a move directly to a P5 conference.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I still think we've got a shot at MWC depending how things play out.

No objection to your plan, but I really don't think the UAC thing is gonna fly. Would almost certainly require waivers, and the FBS committee has been denying those recently. NCAA even denied UAC the waiver to officially be a FCS conference.

FBS currently doesn't allow football only conferences. Plus you need 8 FBS members to be a FBS conference. And teams can't be FBS without an invite from an existing FBS conference. Waivers galore required from a committee that is very stingy handing them out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

No objection to your plan, but I really don't think the UAC thing is gonna fly. Would almost certainly require waivers, and the FBS committee has been denying those recently. NCAA even denied UAC the waiver to officially be a FCS conference.

FBS currently doesn't allow football only conferences. Plus you need 8 FBS members to be a FBS conference. And teams can't be FBS without an invite from an existing FBS conference. Waivers galore required from a committee that is very stingy handing them out.
    NCAA hands out waivers like candy and basically ignores anybody that does what they feel like anyway. The UAC waiver was denied because the ban on new single sport conferences was going to expire a month later. The UAC exists right now and is playing football, no waiver needed. When they go FBS it'll be an all sport conference with whatever WAC, ASUN, and hopefully Summit teams are ready. Liberty went FBS without an invite. 8+ teams meet the new FBS requirements but the NCAA tries to block them? Hello open and shut anti-trust lawsuit. It might take some time to get bowl tie-ins and CFP access, but as long as this group starts winning that'll all come. If they can't win they don't belong anyway so that's the least of my worries.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

Here in Wyoming there is zero interest in having FCS schools join the MWC. They are salivating over the possibility of snagging either or both of the remaining PAC teams.

NCAA hands out waivers like candy and basically ignores anybody that does what they feel like anyway. The UAC waiver was denied because the ban on new single sport conferences was going to expire a month later. The UAC exists right now and is playing football, no waiver needed. When they go FBS it'll be an all sport conference with whatever WAC, ASUN, and hopefully Summit teams are ready. Liberty went FBS without an invite. 8+ teams meet the new FBS requirements but the NCAA tries to block them? Hello open and shut anti-trust lawsuit. It might take some time to get bowl tie-ins and CFP access, but as long as this group starts winning that'll all come. If they can't win they don't belong anyway so that's the least of my worries.
    How is this better than CUSA? How are people who are militantly against CUSA going to now sign up for the …checks notes… UAC?

Oh my god I just looked at the teams. Lmfao
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    How is this better than CUSA? How are people who are militantly against CUSA going to now sign up for the …checks notes… UAC?

Oh my god I just looked at the teams. Lmfao
    Because the 4 Dakotas stick together and join schools with ambition. Note the 5-10 year timeline. If this happens we'll all be there.
    CUSA is stagnant and has borderline incompetent leadership.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Update on PAC 2 legal battle.
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/10/...-oregon-state/

Looks like this will drag out for months unless they reach a settlement.

Because the 4 Dakotas stick together and join schools with ambition. Note the 5-10 year timeline. If this happens we'll all be there.
    CUSA is stagnant and has borderline incompetent leadership.
    There are better odds that I wake up tomorrow with the ability to fly than USD having FBS aspirations this decade and better yet the resources to pursue them.

That conference makes CUSA look like the B12. Central Arkansas as a torch bearer. The highest funded programs in that conference will struggle to meet the new requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*