Page 1118 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 11861810181068110811161117111811191120112811681218 ... LastLast
Results 11,171 to 11,180 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post
    I think the remaining PAC schools pick off the best of the MWC before that happens.

All the bad things will happen to the new schools in this round of expansion too; no exit fee participation, entrance fee, uneven revenue distribution. They will all say yes to move up a tier, including NDSU.

New PAC10: Stanford, Cal, WSU, OSU, Boise, SDSUr, SMU, CSU, Fresno, UNLV (Maybe Rice and Tulane if you want 12)

New MWC: Air Force, Wyoming, NDSU, SDSUb, New Mexico, UTEP, Hawaii, USU, Nevada, SJSU, Montana, Montana State
    I really don’t see SMU being an outlier in the PAC and I don’t think the other Texas teams will be offered by the PAC. I do see UTEP and NMSU getting an invitation to the MWC and accepting it because a gutted MWC is still better than the CUSA. Air Force could go to the PAC if they didn’t want the AAC.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I think the Pac will stay at the 10 they have now.

Maybe San Diego State goes to the Big 12 but that seems unlikely.

However, who knows.

As for your New MW. AFA would leave for the AAC, Hawaii would go independent, New Mexico would join with UTEP in CUSA, Utah State would likely go to CUSA as well. I don't know about San Jose State but Nevada could go AAC or just drop football and concentrate on basketball and baseball in the WCC.
    I see why a remaining MWC member would think the sky is going to fall. The CUSA is not attractive to anyone including the current members. The MWC will not dissolve like your doomsday scenario. NDSU and the Montanas are really at the same level if not higher than all remaining MWC members once SDSU and Boise leave.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    REA does all the ticketing work for UND Athletics (less UND/State staff) and how they're set up (they file Form 990) they have to return operational profits to UND. When you contract someone to do the work, yeah, the funds run through their books first before getting to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Why would the MW add 4 FCS schools? If you are already putting UTEP, then NMSU and Texas State gets the league back to 9.
    You are not wrong. They will only invite a certain number for teams depending how many slots are available after filling with the TX teams and NMSU. If two slots open up you may see the montanas get the invite. If only one slot it is probably NDSU. 3 slots would probably be NDSU and the Montana’s. SDSU is staying with USD

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Online is a fad and as an employer I would be very skeptical of hiring anyone with only online experience. If und is so hip on it why are they building more taxpayer subsidized student housing?
    Don’t worry once you retire with that boomer thinking you won’t get left behind with the entire future workforce ….

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    You are not wrong. They will only invite a certain number for teams depending how many slots are available after filling with the TX teams and NMSU. If two slots open up you may see the montanas get the invite. If only one slot it is probably NDSU. 3 slots would probably be NDSU and the Montana’s. SDSU is staying with USD
    I think the only FCS school that has a slight chance at this point is Sacramento State for football only and Davis for Olympic sports. The are a bunch of tv sets in the Big Valley. Very easy travel for SJSU, Nevada and Fresno, if they are still around.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Don’t worry once you retire with that boomer thinking you won’t get left behind with the entire future workforce ….
    I'm not sure I would call that "boomer thinking". I think the pandemic highlighted the fact that very few are able to learn as effectively online as they do in person. College aged students are more capable than younger students but the online education experience will need to improve drastically before it will ever be as effective as traditional classroom education. It absolutely has its place and will likely be used to help reduce college education costs in the near future but I think it is a ways off before a degree earned entirely online will create the same learning opportunities as a traditional classroom setting. Employers care about actual knowledge and the ability to apply it. I think online education currently has it's limits in providing the application experiences necessary to make it viable for many courses of study. A hybrid scenario where some general courses at reduced credit cost seems to be highly likely to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I'm not sure I would call that "boomer thinking". I think the pandemic highlighted the fact that very few are able to learn as effectively online as they do in person. College aged students are more capable than younger students but the online education experience will need to improve drastically before it will ever be as effective as traditional classroom education. It absolutely has its place and will likely be used to help reduce college education costs in the near future but I think it is a ways off before a degree earned entirely online will create the same learning opportunities as a traditional classroom setting. Employers care about actual knowledge and the ability to apply it. I think online education currently has it's limits in providing the application experiences necessary to make it viable for many courses of study. A hybrid scenario where some general courses at reduced credit cost seems to be highly likely to me though.
    Employers better get used to it because the new workforce wants online college education with a work at home job. Honestly I don’t care much about their degree, it’s more about their work and life experience to me. Farm or construction work before getting internships and coops is what I want to see as a person hiring. A degree just checks the box. That real life knowledge is more important to me because I need them to learn my way of doing the job.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Honestly that map makes us look as close to the Sun Belt as to the Mountain West. We are...so far north...and so central...
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Honestly that map makes us look as close to the Sun Belt as to the Mountain West. We are...so far north...and so central...
    maybe we could just join the CFL bro how about that winnipeg bombers would be great travel partners bro and UND could come canada loves hockey and meth
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes