Page 1360 of 1360 FirstFirst ... 360860126013101350135813591360
Results 13,591 to 13,600 of 13600

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    NDSU's market is North Dakota and a chunk of Minnesota, I think? What is SDSU's? Presumably something similar?
    yep, same but NDSU is in a small METRO not a 50mile away satellite town.

not at all saying they couldn't join, but for anyone to think Brookings is more attractive is just absurd
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    You seem to believe that SDSU will never be FBS simply because Brookings is a smaller city. I on the other hand believe that when an invite is extended to NDSU it will also be extended to SDSU. I could be wrong, time will tell.
    I agree with that.

But you implied Brookings is more attractive than Fargo to conferences, which is where most people laughably disagree

Honestly the argument that Fargo (or Brookings) is in the middle of nowhere is stupid. We're both the biggest team in our respective states and fan bases extend to Minneapolis. There is a reason NDSU has a radio affiliate in Minneapolis. There is a reason the Bison drew 22,546 fans vs a mediocre Eastern Washington team in Minneapolis. Minnesota is a 2nd home to us. SDSU has a good sized fan base there too

Fargo population within a 100 mile radius is 697,738. 100 mile radius of Brookings is a tad bigger at 741,251 although it's an hour from Sioux Falls, the major population center and Brookings is only 23,993 and growing at a snails pace. It's actually shrunk since 2019 but the population around it is growing

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I agree with that.

But you implied Brookings is more attractive than Fargo to conferences, which is where most people laughably disagree
    No, I was making the point that SDSU is just as viable (being FBS) as NDSU and pursuing a 'joint effort' is worth considering.
    You were actually the one making the absurd 'Little Brookings vs Huge Fargo' point.

SDSU doesn’t want to move up anyway, it appears

https://twitter.com/IceBorg/status/1790773043989471390

Doesn’t bother me, and I got no problem with all future marker games being in Fargo if they choose to stay behind

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    No, I was making the point that SDSU is just as viable (being FBS) as NDSU and pursuing a 'joint effort' is worth considering.
    You were actually the one making the absurd 'Little Brookings vs Huge Fargo' point.
    And it’s absurd,as brookings is in the Sioux Falls tv market which ranks 112
    Ndsu is in Fargo the 113th television market
    What they want is tv sets
    which in turns equals advertising dollars and we both equally suck in this statistic
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    which in turns equals advertising dollars and we both equally suck in this statistic
    For sure. The appeal of either school has nothing to do with the TV market they bring, we can agree that both schools would already be FBS if they were in larger markets. Their asset is in the competitiveness they offer, that's the only card they have to play. The potential of making the product of a given conference more appealing. People do want to watch good games and we both bring that to the table.
    At least that's how I see it.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

Doesn’t bother me, and I got no problem with all future marker games being in Fargo if they choose to stay behind
    The difference is SDSU is just now enjoying their first success and spotlight in FCS that NDSU has had for a decade. Give it a few more years and maybe the novelty will have worn off. If we move to FBS that changes the game regionally.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The difference is SDSU is just now enjoying their first success and spotlight in FCS that NDSU has had for a decade. Give it a few more years and maybe the novelty will have worn off. If we move to FBS that changes the game regionally.
    Their fans will go nuts if NDSU moves up and they don't. LOL

However, that makes future 'Dakota Marker' games kind of a 'must win'. (very embarrassing to lose)

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

I wouldn't consider that podcast a source

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Both teams are much larger than their TV market. NDSU is basically the entire state. SDSU is similar

But Brookings as a standalone town is pretty small time. It's an hour from Sioux Falls. It's like Valley City or Jamestown claiming they are the #113th market