Page 1347 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 34784712471297133713451346134713481349 ... LastLast
Results 13,461 to 13,470 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Are they bound by Title 9 if they leave NCAA?
    If not, say goodbye to any sport that does not lay down black ink on the bottom line.
    Title IX applies directly to the educational institution, not to the NCAA...as long as the sport is run/administered by the school, I would think Title IX would still apply....

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Title IX applies directly to the educational institution, not to the NCAA...as long as the sport is run/administered by the school, I would think Title IX would still apply....
    Who is it enforced by? Or rather...What are the ramifications of ignoring it?

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Who is it enforced by? Or rather...What are the ramifications of ignoring it?
    The schools are responsible for implementing/enforcing the regs. If they're out of compliance, they deal directly with fed OCR...theoretically, there can be consequences, but OCR usually works with the school to bring things into compliance and rarely pulls any funds from the school..

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Oh, I expect the P2 will leave *and* be assholes about it, taking as much revenue as possible with them. It’s a question of when, not IF. They want to be NFL lite.
    I wonder how well that would work. There are so many administrative and governance things handled through the NCAA and shared among all members. They would have to do that on their and duplicate something already done. One simple thing is the game rules. These are all NCAA. Would they create their own rule books? They could do like NAIA and Texas HS and just adopt the NCAA playing rules, but they have no say in the creation or update of the rules.

I don't ever see a complete separation from the NCAA. It's more likely to be a carved out part of the NCAA for the areas they truly are different. Not unlike CFP. It is a separate organization but it exists for one purpose. Yes they have huge amounts of revenue, but they also have huge expenses. I would be very curious to see how the men's basketball media deal would be handled. Would this new organization own that contract and get all the revenue? Would they have to share it with the NCAA if they allowed some of their members to participate? Would any changes in this space increase or decrease the broadcast rights. You would end up paying a lot of lawyers and consultants a lot of money to figure out all those logistics.

The obvious reaction is ... "that will never happen". But with the dollars involved mixed in with human greed, well never say never.

Title IX is Federal law. It follows wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Title IX is Federal law. It follows wherever.
    (it's pronounced title icks)
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    But now that athletes are apparently employees, how does that work? Do you have to have an equal amount of male and female professors? Janitors? What if there are more female professors? Is that bad?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    (it's pronounced title icks)
    Close. Title IX - the e is silent. It's pronounced 'tit lix'

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    But now that athletes are apparently employees, how does that work? Do you have to have an equal amount of male and female professors? Janitors? What if there are more female professors? Is that bad?
    Only matters if there are more men. lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.