Page 1324 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 324824122412741314132213231324132513261334 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,240 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    A couple things:

Why would Buffalo want to leave the MAC to go to CUSA?? I haven't looked into it at all ...

I like something Entz said in his presser Monday, to paraphrase "Schools just want to get into the FBS anywhere with anticipation that over the next 10 years there will be more shakeup ..." within context talking about Delaware and why they would go to CUSA.

He also said the gap is widening between FBS and FCS which was refreshing to hear because all we have heard for years is how the top of the FCS is on the same level or better than most of the G5. This WAS true. It was a short 3-4 sentence answer to a question about Delaware moving up but I liked what he had to say.

Of course it means nothing in terms of moving up other than as we have known most on the inside know we should move up and will most likely take any opportunity to do so at this point, imo.
    The opportunity came and went when a desperate CUSA was looking for members anywhere and everywhere. We are stuck where we are at for good. We are not in anyone's conversation anymore. The lack of imagination by our leaders of what CUSA might have been with an NDSU as a member and what NDSU might have done in that conference, is entirely to blame.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    The NCAA is made up of its member schools. The P4 don’t want anymore mouths to feed. It’s why they’re increasing the requirements for FBS. They aren’t going to just let the WAC into their group without challenging it. NDSU had a path to CUSA if they wanted it. They thought they had better options.
    Larson, Bresciani, and now Cook... numskulls, all of them.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    The opportunity came and went when a desperate CUSA was looking for members anywhere and everywhere. We are stuck where we are at for good. We are not in anyone's conversation anymore. The lack of imagination by our leaders of what CUSA might have been with an NDSU as a member and what NDSU might have done in that conference, is entirely to blame.
    Didn't you move to Texas St? How is their gameday experience in person?

That program has struggled a lot recently, but I still think SBC is a better product than CUSA. Nearby SHSU looked pathetic on many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    YES. WSU QB has 10 offers for $1 million each right now they said.

Cam & Cole will 1000% be offerred $100k-$250k at a FBS school and how do they turn that down? I just honestly hope that they work together (and with Entz) and if 1 goes, 1 stays at this point.
    Kraft turned down six or seven figures from Alabama to stay at South Dakota State last year.

Kids will do what makes sense to them.
    College of Business Alumnus

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Kraft turned down six or seven figures from Alabama to stay at South Dakota State last year.

Kids will do what makes sense to them.
    I think that's true if they feel they have a strong chance of a Championship, and getting drafted for big money in NFL.

If we slip this year and don't make Frisco, that could impact some kid's decisions also.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Didn't you move to Texas St? How is their gameday experience in person?

That program has struggled a lot recently, but I still think SBC is a better product than CUSA. Nearby SHSU looked pathetic on many levels.
    I did. But 9 years as an NDSU employee and two kids getting their degrees there make me a lifelong fan. Which is why it still matters to me that NDSU get into the FBS. I think there is no future in FCS. I feel like we missed several last helicopters out of Vietnam.

Texas State has a history of doing poorly in FBS. But new president with a vision for both athletics and academics, along with a new head football coach and lo and behold, we are 7-5 and going bowling for the first time school history.

The gameday experience is pretty good here. Extensive tailgating, but probably not on the scale of NDSU in its heyday.

I see that JMU and JaxSt get to go bowling after all. Dang, that could have been NDSU.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 11-28-2023 at 07:20 PM.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...nd-leap-to-fbs

For the last several years NDSU has held out hope that the desirable Mountain West or American Athletic conferences would call the 701 and ask for a meeting. It was always the longest of longshots, but the Bison bosses wanted perfection. Now it's clear that simply isn't going to happen.

In lieu of perfect, NDSU will have to try to settle on good enough for now.

Call Conference USA commissioner Judy MacLeod and ask, "What can we do to get in your league?"

(Second question: "Is it possible we could join as a football-only, because we think we could add some football juice to the league?")

Beg if you have to.

And if there's any hint of interest — like, a .00001 hint of interest — continue to talk until there is an invitation or .00000 interest.

It's time to stop paddling around and hoping for a bite. Make it happen. Be proactive. Market yourself. Sell yourself.

I agree with McFeely on almost nothing. But he's right on this. But I think the horse has left the barn...train has left the station...ship has sailed...and any other quips that mean we're too late and we're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I agree with McFeely on almost nothing. But he's right on this. But I think the horse has left the barn...train has left the station...ship has sailed...and any other quips that mean we're too late and we're screwed.
    Not saying he's wrong, but my understanding is NDSU would take a media deal pay cut if they joined....i'd have addressed that if I wrote the piece.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Not saying he's wrong, but my understanding is NDSU would take a media deal pay cut if they joined....i'd have addressed that if I wrote the piece.
    I think we had more leverage in this regard when CUSA needed members.