Page 1228 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 22872811281178121812261227122812291230123812781328 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,280 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Why are we pretending it's as simple as wanting it?
    Augustana wants Summit.
    Boise St wants any P5.
    Missouri St wants Sunbelt.
    UCF claimed a football title and only got a P5 invite when the B12 was desperate.
    MVC still thinks they're an elite BB conference despite being a 1 bid league.
    HBCUs think the Celebration Bowl is a national title.
    Pretty much everybody wants a B1G or SEC invite.
    I don't think anybody is
    But it's a big first step, and one that wasn't clear until recently

watch what you say about the mvc buddy.....

My theme song for a move to the MW where the games people play are in the middle of the night.

Cause I don't want to stay here (FCS) no more, wasting my life away.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I don't think anybody is
    But it's a big first step, and one that wasn't clear until recently
    There are a few "fbs now, at any costs!" types here that choose to not understand.

I think the vast majority know it is complicated, and it takes the right situation to happen.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    There are a few "fbs now, at any costs!" types here that choose to not understand.

I think the vast majority know it is complicated, and it takes the right situation to happen.
    I think there is (1) FBS at any cost. I think the rest have differing levels of cost that they would support.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I think there is (1) FBS at any cost. I think the rest have differing levels of cost that they would support.
    Agreed.

I feel a trend of this thread going back to what it was a few months ago. FCS forever vs FBS at all cost ... blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Agreed.

I feel a trend of this thread going back to what it was a few months ago. FCS forever vs FBS at all cost ... blah blah blah
    Tony started this thread in 2014....it's been on an endless loop since then...

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Perhaps. I just don't get why a few want to harp on the non-realistic options now when the door may be opening for a good path.
    Its been pretty clear, and reported what the conferences/conditions we need for a move are. I'm good with it.

Now, just have to see how this all plays out.
    This was never going to happen fast enough to please everyone. We don't control the timing.

is skunk that darrel dork or the guy that's 67 with the cowboy hat that runs onto their field with the flag.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Tony started this thread in 2014....it's been on an endless loop since then...
    This statement is Exhibit A that the FCS crowd has been winning the argument and are still winning. Although we've had this thread for 9 years, some still view the "FBS now" crowd is nothing but unrealistic and impatient. I guess we need the nuance that some of you have to understand that even if we wait another 10 or 15 years, it is out of our control and there's nothing we can do about it because geography or something. I wasn't here for it, but I would put $100 down on the idea that there were NCC supporters saying the exact same thing at the time-- it's complicated, it's expensive, it's out of our control, it's not the right time. Apparently, it never is.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.