Page 1225 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 22572511251175121512231224122512261227123512751325 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,250 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Hoping for stars to align is not a plan. Same ol' back-footed, "see how things shake out" approach to FBS as always. What we've always needed, and have always lacked, is a will to go to FBS come hell or high water because we belong there. And have a Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C to get there. And then go after each plan one by one until we are in FBS. This has never been our mentality.
    It wasn’t our mentality because we didn’t have a president who wanted it…I don’t think that’s changed…

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    It wasn’t our mentality because we didn’t have a president who wanted it…I don’t think that’s changed…
    Yep. I agree.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Doesn't it come down to what a school can bring to a conference in regards to media rights. If the MWC is getting $4 million per school today, NDSU has to have at least that value. What does NDSU generate today with their media package(s)? $1.5-2 million range. As a result from a pure media exposure standpoint NDSU is not a viable option.

Take Stanford and Cal. Why did they get left behind? Not competition or alumni support. But they don't have the media value. Oregon State and Washington State, same issue.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    travel for FOOTBALL is MEANINGLESS... REPEAT MEANINGLESS.

NDSU charters flights to Springfield Missouri and Youngstown Ohio. dam near the same distance as Fort Collins or UNLV or Wyoming or Boise.

and for the Non Football sports, they fly commercial Far to Den Wed play thurs and sat then fly back. big deal.
    It's hard to imagine someone being so god damn clueless on this, but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    So you're saying Cook doesn't want FBS? Doesn't really matter what the AD thinks then, does it, despite all the heat he takes here?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    So you're saying Cook doesn't want FBS? Doesn't really matter what the AD thinks then, does it, despite all the heat he takes here?
    My interpretation of things is that Cook is more open to FBS than Bresciani ever was. I think that along with the recent FCS to FBS move ups, the response to Covid from the larger FCS and the continuing decline in fan engagement has made staying in the FCS more risky for NDSU. That is what I think is driving their more public openness to the prospect of moving to FBS. I would agree that ML doesn't deserve the entirety of criticism that he gets. It very well could be that he has been banging the FBS drum behind the scenes and has been met with opposition by higher ups. If that was the case though I would think he would have become very frustrated and likely not want to remain in a position where he feels his opinions regarding the Ath. Dept. don't carry the weight he would like. It is probably more realistic that he shared similar views to the higher ups and didn't think FBS was the right move until recently. I don't know, just speculating.

so if MWC needs one school.....the commish is gonna call larsen waaaaaay up in nodak instead of calling say UTEP?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    so if MWC needs one school.....the commish is gonna call larsen waaaaaay up in nodak instead of calling say UTEP?
    701 bro eh

Lardsin must go!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    I'm sure NDSU is 2nd on the list of calls after he reaches out to UND first.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    My interpretation of things is that Cook is more open to FBS than Bresciani ever was. I think that along with the recent FCS to FBS move ups, the response to Covid from the larger FCS and the continuing decline in fan engagement has made staying in the FCS more risky for NDSU. That is what I think is driving their more public openness to the prospect of moving to FBS. I would agree that ML doesn't deserve the entirety of criticism that he gets. It very well could be that he has been banging the FBS drum behind the scenes and has been met with opposition by higher ups. If that was the case though I would think he would have become very frustrated and likely not want to remain in a position where he feels his opinions regarding the Ath. Dept. don't carry the weight he would like. It is probably more realistic that he shared similar views to the higher ups and didn't think FBS was the right move until recently. I don't know, just speculating.
    He certainly sounded that way early on, and true, the AD does sound different now

It's funny. I remember Culhane responding to Andy about this very question, saying "it depends if he wants to fight with the school up north"
    Maybe Jeff had some insight. Maybe Waters has insight

The CFB landscape is a little unstable right now, so there's that, but NDSU better be sure they stay aligned with the second level of CFB
    GT used to say this. Phil said this yesterday
    Would take some fortitude for sure, but ...