Page 160 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 601101501581591601611621702102606601160 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Still doesn't give them a seat at the playoff table
    I think its inevitable. The AAC has multiple programs that can produce a top10 caliber team, and it took literal disasters to keep UCF out in 2017 and 2018, missing games against their best opponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I think its inevitable. The AAC has multiple programs that can produce a top10 caliber team, and it took literal disasters to keep UCF out in 2017 and 2018, missing games against their best opponents.
    Why would the SEC, B1G, ACC, Pac-12 and B12 want to add another to the mix? AAC has programs but not THE programs, the other conferences will poach the teams they want before they allow a whole group to the table IMO
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...03/19/AAC.aspx

With the AAC's new media deal I think it time to argue about this more
    It’s sounds good until you realize that each school is only making $7 million per year, which still pales in comparison to the deals the P5 schools make (I believe the B10 Network pays each school $30 million per year).

Due to the length of the contract, I feel ESPN comes out ahead in this deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My brother and I were talking today, he's heard/seen rumors that B1G is going to make a hard run at Texas and Oklahoma. IF this were to happen, who does the Big 12 get to replace them?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    My brother and I were talking today, he's heard/seen rumors that B1G is going to make a hard run at Texas and Oklahoma. IF this were to happen, who does the Big 12 get to replace them?

NDSU!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They raid the MWC, Colorado St and well pick from there but Utah St. Doubt BYU would be on the radar

Either that or Cincy and Houston

If those rumors are true, those two are as good as gone. It makes sense I guess. If you’re going to add Nebraska …

CSU and UH and they won't even hesitate. MWC will backfill with a TX school and AAC will just add another non-football

If they did want us that does not necessarily mean we want them.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

At least as of a few years ago, Texas had a deal where their TV revenue was not split with the rest of the conference. If that is still true would they give that up or would the BIG go along with that?
    Last edited by Vet70; 04-03-2019 at 02:35 AM.
    Paul Fix