Page 36 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846861365361036 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You are assuming a lot. I would not risk the future of NDSU on your prognostications.
    honestly, after the upcoming Iowa game...what is there to risk?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    NorthernBison is actually a UND fan? color me shocked
    I, apparently, am according to El Lako. I actually graduated from NDSU in 1984 and have been contributing to NDSU every year since. I don't publicy criticize the President when he hires an AD and I don't take shots at the AD's credentials in public forums. I wonder who they would listen to in a real discussion. Any guesses? Seriously, if the above suggestion by Lakes of a way to get an outdoor stadium was serious, we're talking to a CHILD. Of course, I already knew that based on PM's over the years, his neg rep fetish, and his insistence on accusing everybody who disagrees with him a UND fan or worse. Good grief. I know who will continue to support NDSU with their checkbook and who won't. Everybody knows that and it won't change.

So what do you think your favorite teams new name is gonna be??

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I, apparently, am according to El Lako. I actually graduated from NDSU in 1984 and have been contributing to NDSU every year since. I don't publicy criticize the President when he hires an AD and I don't take shots at the AD's credentials in public forums. I wonder who they would listen to in a real discussion. Any guesses? Seriously, if the above suggestion by Lakes of a way to get an outdoor stadium was serious, we're talking to a CHILD. Of course, I already knew that based on PM's over the years, his neg rep fetish, and his insistence on accusing everybody who disagrees with him a UND fan or worse. Good grief. I know who will continue to support NDSU with their checkbook and who won't. Everybody knows that and it won't change.
    Quoted for a whole bunch of truthiness

Dam right im going to voice a concern when i see one. But Click on his forum posts. Make your own conclusion. Now stop interrupting our discussion with personal attacks and get back to the "forward thinkers" group.

Easily an outdoor stadium could work and money would be raised instantly you would not believe how quickly it'd be raised with football. Football is KING around here we all know it.

I still want to see our Pres/AD selling and pitching NDSU to mountain west/MAC/Sun Belt in that order. Gene Taylor could've done more he had the name recognition to request a meeting with the conference commissioners, maybe Dean will take over this role and contact these 3 conferences.....There hasn't been 1 public confirmation that anyone from NDSU has sales pitched there 3 .....or even let me know that NDSU is "interested" if called upon.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    We actually don't need a new stadium for the first 3 to 5 years WHEN we move up. Sell outs @ FargoDome would be @ the top in actual attendance in the MAC and Sunbelt.
    Ideally, we need a 35,000 seat stadium soon thereafter.
    I invite you to check your math, unless you are subscribing to the take out the columns method of counting.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2013.pdf

Buffalo 6 games 136418 total 22736 ave
    NIU 5 games 103334 total 20669 ave
    Toledo 6 games 110803 total 18467 ave

NDSU 9 games 167600 total 18622 ave

I was going to say the playoffs boosted that, but the playoffs actually dropped the ave by about 80.

Now add a week night game in there and I am willing to bet that attendance drops at least 10 if not 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Dam right im going to voice a concern when i see one. But Click on his forum posts. Make your own conclusion. Now stop interrupting our discussion with personal attacks and get back to the "forward thinkers" group.

Easily an outdoor stadium could work and money would be raised instantly you would not believe how quickly it'd be raised with football. Football is KING around here we all know it.

I still want to see our Pres/AD selling and pitching NDSU to mountain west/MAC/Sun Belt in that order. Gene Taylor could've done more he had the name recognition to request a meeting with the conference commissioners, maybe Dean will take over this role and contact these 3 conferences.....There hasn't been 1 public confirmation that anyone from NDSU has sales pitched there 3 .....or even let me know that NDSU is "interested" if called upon.
    Why would we call the Sun Belt? You've said some utterly insane things, but this tops the cake. The Sun Belt is a step backwards, remember if you are making the move at this point you are going for all sports. So you basically are going to triple the travel budget if not more than that for the Sunbelt, at least double for the MWC.

And the whole accusing people of being UN? fans as you backup to everything is getting old. You would think you have something original...but you are definately beyond that.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Sorry, but saying things over and over and over again does not make a discussion and is hardly forward thinking!! The Sun Belt.... Really?

[QUOTE=El_Chapo;928992]Dam right im going to voice a concern when i see one. But Click on his forum posts. Make your own conclusion. Now stop interrupting our discussion with personal attacks and get back to the "forward thinkers" group.

I still want to see our Pres/AD selling and pitching NDSU to mountain west/MAC/Sun Belt in that order. Gene Taylor could've done more he had the name recognition to request a meeting with the conference commissioners, maybe Dean will take over this role and contact these 3 conferences.....There hasn't been 1 public confirmation that anyone from NDSU has sales pitched there 3 .....or even let me know that NDSU is "interested" if called upon.[/QUOTE]

Just because you didnt here of it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

And no an outdoor stadium in Fargo is not a good idea.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Winnipeg spent $200 million on a 33k seat stadium that can be expanded to 40k. I guess they would be our outdoor stadium model since it also seems somewhat enclosed...

You'd think for $200 mil they would put the goalpost in the right spot.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif