Page 345 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2452953353433443453463473553954458451345 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    You realize a lot of these conversations are informal sitting in a hotel lobby or on a golf course or at an event? They know who would be interested without any formal communication. There could be formal documentation as well, but I bet most of it would be informal at this point. The 12 team playoff changes a lot of variables for both sides so it's entirely possible those conversations now change (I assume for the better). NDSU is a desirable asset to have in a G5 conference for many sports. Geography is really the main negative and from a conference perspective it's a big one. But that doesn't mean it would prevent any conference from considering them. You act like you are in the know but you aren't. I'm not in the know either, but I'm in the understanding of how things like this work.
    Another Bingo.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I tend to believe any and all conversations about going FBS internally and with outside parties has been phone calls and in person for the very thing Chapo pointed out, FOIA or whatever allows anyone(the media) to obtain official NDSU communications. You'd have to be pretty dumb to have super preliminary conversations about this stuff "on the record".
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I tend to believe any and all conversations about going FBS internally and with outside parties has been phone calls and in person for the very thing Chapo pointed out, FOIA or whatever allows anyone(the media) to obtain official NDSU communications. You'd have to be pretty dumb to have super preliminary conversations about this stuff "on the record".
    This is the obvious answer for any rational fan of NDSU. All inroads to FBS are done behind the public eye. Now fans of others teams who pretend to be NDSU fans for the sole intention of making the university, city and even state look bad will say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    This is the obvious answer for any rational fan of NDSU. All inroads to FBS are done behind the public eye. Now fans of others teams who pretend to be NDSU fans for the sole intention of making the university, city and even state look bad will say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Hadn't they already sold a majority stake (not that they still wouldn't have any) though a few years ago? That said sure they're still rolling in the dough.
    PE firm owns majority stake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Aldevron sold $9.6 Billion

The owners were NDSU guys.

3% is $288 million for a new stadium & FBS.

get them on the phone. stat!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Aldevron sold $9.6 Billion

The owners were NDSU guys.

3% is $288 million for a new stadium & FBS.

get them on the phone. stat!!
    As I pointed out in the post just preceding yours the two founders financed their operation by selling a majority stake to a private equity firm some time ago. That private equity firm gets the majority of that sale price, not the founders. There may also be other investors from prior rounds. It's quite likely in fact. The founders no doubt still get tens of millions or maybe even hundreds of millions but they aren't likely to be in a position to donate anywhere near what you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    As I pointed out in the post just preceding yours the two founders financed their operation by selling a majority stake to a private equity firm some time ago. That private equity firm gets the majority of that sale price, not the founders. There may also be other investors from prior rounds. It's quite likely in fact. The founders no doubt still get tens of millions or maybe even hundreds of millions but they aren't likely to be in a position to donate anywhere near what you suggest.
    true I guess haha

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    stfu with that, turn the page.
    i have a ndsu degree do you??

and once again. ............... NDSU ADMIN (dean and matt) have zero intentions of FBS. 1 is on his way out, 1 is ridin coattails happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    stfu with that, turn the page.
    i have a ndsu degree do you??

and once again. ............... NDSU ADMIN (dean and matt) have zero intentions of FBS. 1 is on his way out, 1 is ridin coattails happy to be here.
    Who are you to tell anyone to stfu on this issue? I'll bet $1000 you don't know either Matt or Dean (I do) and are nothing more than a purse puppy barking at their heels.

We get it, you want to move up. So do I, and that opinion has changed over the past year. At the same time, I won't denigrate anyone else's opinion because it doesn't match mine. The decision-makers you reference can't simply make up numbers and call it good, and they certainly can't put the financial future of either the University or athletics programs at risk to satisfy penis envy.

While everyone, including you, has a right to an opinion the name calling and "small timey" bullshit is old-and childish.

Did I do the comma thing ok?