Page 271 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1712212612692702712722732813213717711271 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I fully expect NDSU will be completely silent on the subject until when/if any deal is done. To start talking about it publicly would destabilize the Summit, which NDSU does not want to do in case any FBS talks would fall through. NDSU needs the Summit to stay healthy and as stable as possible right up until the moment a new conference deal is inked. With that in mind, I would suggest that no news on the subject means nothing either way.
    Well, there is no way NDSU AD can be completely silent. That would include major/mid-major donors not being made aware and who have made this entire run happen to a great extent out of their pocketbooks. The “State of North Dakota” pocketbook, on the other hand, will never contribute significantly. Too much jealousy and parochialism in the legislature for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Well, there is no way NDSU AD can be completely silent. That would include major/mid-major donors not being made aware and who have made this entire run happen to a great extent out of their pocketbooks. The “State of North Dakota” pocketbook, on the other hand, will never contribute significantly. Too much jealousy and parochialism in the legislature for that.

I wonder if we will ever be able to move up without dragging UND along.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I wonder if we will ever be able to move up without dragging UND along.
    Why? They didn’t want to come last time and when they finally did it hasn’t worked for them.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I can't believe that whether it works or not for them they would allow us to be the only FBS school in the state. I could very well be wrong.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I can't believe that whether it works or not for them they would allow us to be the only FBS school in the state. I could very well be wrong.
    You’re not wrong.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Why? They didn’t want to come last time and when they finally did it hasn’t worked for them.
    Butt Hockey...

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

They are a load stone.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Well, according to a statewide poll published in the Forum, it looks like the majority of us want to stay FCS. The only people that want us to move up are UND hockey fans (seriously). And we are by far the most popular college team in the state, way above un_ hockey. Read it for yourself. https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...FCS-poll-finds

Here's an easier to see version of the poll questions and answers: https://www.scribd.com/document/4441...vey#from_embed

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

There's no doubt in my mind that if NDSU moved up and they only wanted NDSU, und would drop FB.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind that if NDSU moved up and they only wanted NDSU, und would drop FB.
    Nah, they'd keep it. They are willing to tolerate not doing well as long as hockey is safe and sound.
    College of Business Alumnus