Page 883 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 383783833873881882883884885893933983 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,830 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    The NCAA transformational committee is currently in session and have talked about all kinds of stuff. The problem is any change has to pass a vote of the membership. P5 don't want to increase subsidizes to lower programs, G5 don't want to lose their perceived status, basketball schools don't want to change anything other than maybe expand the tourney or increase subsidizes. Lots of directions to pull and I don't have high hopes of anything meaningful. Unless the P5 decide it's worth the chaos to make a full break from the NCAA and become semi-pro leagues.
    You summed up my thoughts perfectly. People keep thinking that concrete decisions will be made, but look how the NCAA has operated for the last 5 years. No guidance on NIL, taking the reins off of transfers, etc.

The NCAA “ship” is starting to look more like a ship lost at sea getting blown around and pulled in 100 different directions than one with direction and vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

the fact remains. Dean Matt no one from NDSU solicited or called or emails the Mountain West in the last 10 years..

THATS THE PROBLEM. no one at NDSU is doing anything.

hell. offer them a proposal!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    You summed up my thoughts perfectly. People keep thinking that concrete decisions will be made, but look how the NCAA has operated for the last 5 years. No guidance on NIL, taking the reins off of transfers, etc.

The NCAA “ship” is starting to look more like a ship lost at sea getting blown around and pulled in 100 different directions than one with direction and vision.
    The NCAA answers to the conferences not the other way around. It’s just like commissioners offices, they answer to the owners not the other way around.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kennesaw official to cusa today

The athletic says "Potential candidates to join C-USA if it expands further include Tarleton State, Eastern Kentucky, Missouri State, Stephen F. Austin and McNeese State" and mentions the importance of geography for this conference. Also says they might hold at 10. Mentioned the Atlanta market and 40k students.

Not much new here, just confirmation of previous rumors from a reputable source.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The NCAA answers to the conferences not the other way around. It’s just like commissioners offices, they answer to the owners not the other way around.
    Right, and there’s arguably never been a time in my lifetime where those stakeholders are less likely to agree on anything of substance
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Ah yes, FCS Forever rears its head again. How long are you going to keep pushing that delusion? NOBODY has shown to be opposed to any idea of moving up, just those opposed to the bad ideas.
    And you showed right on cue, just like Pavlovs dogs yapping the same old thing. I wasn't responding to you nor did I mention you. Never mentioned FCS Forever either.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    the fact remains. Dean Matt no one from NDSU solicited or called or emails the Mountain West in the last 10 years..

THATS THE PROBLEM. no one at NDSU is doing anything.

hell. offer them a proposal!
    There you go lying again.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    If CUSA didn’t want NDSU then nobody does. Complaining won’t get us anywhere
    Wow. You do know that's not true, right? Conference USA officials have been talking about North Dakota State & South Dakota State as football-only adds with our new media rights carrier for the last few months. The brand strength of those 2 schools is very appealing for TV. And to bring FBS to the north central part of America for the first time would be a truly bold & innovative move. When asked about whether or not the geography or a CUSA schedule would be a problem, they had one TV exec say, "Fans in Fargo & Brookings wouldn't go to fill their stadiums with an atmosphere the camera loves just to go see FIU or New Mexico State. They go to see the Bison and Jackrabbits." Seemed pretty confident that their money & visibility would make NDSU & SDSU a media tandem the nation won't stop talking about. See JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by All4One View Post
    Wow. You do know that's not true, right? Conference USA officials have been talking about North Dakota State & South Dakota State as football-only adds with our new media rights carrier for the last few months. The brand strength of those 2 schools is very appealing for TV. And to bring FBS to the north central part of America for the first time would be a truly bold & innovative move. When asked about whether or not the geography or a CUSA schedule would be a problem, they had one TV exec say, "Fans in Fargo & Brookings wouldn't go to fill their stadiums with an atmosphere the camera loves just to go see FIU or New Mexico State. They go to see the Bison and Jackrabbits." Seemed pretty confident that their money & visibility would make NDSU & SDSU a media tandem the nation won't stop talking about. See JMU.
    ".... would make NDSU & SDSU a media tandem the nation won't stop talking about" You kinda lost me there.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

For those unaware, Oregon Live has been publishing game time and watch details for NDSU FB this season. Don’t know if that means anything but it is interesting. To me.

https://www.oregonlive.com/collegefo...-10152022.html
    Don't believe everything you think.