Page 806 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 3067067567968048058068078088168569061306 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,060 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Travel partners have been a mainstay of collegiate athletics since the start. If you say you don't understand that maybe you should consider you don't actually understand anything. Just look at the schools that went without partners and how they did. I absolutely do not want that level of failure to happen to NDSU. Maybe your ego thinks otherwise, but you do you.
    Like...you mean the entire history of the NCAAs? Yeah we're the dumb one's taper.

Even though we are for FBS...just the right fit.

But we are "hoople." Funny which side the derogatory bullshit comes from isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Like common sense?

Or the crowd saying "let's take Hawaii's spot."

Jesus christ.
    It's funny how you and your twin reply right on cue. Thanks for proving my point that some things never change.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    It's funny how you and your twin reply right on cue. Thanks for proving my point that some things never change.
    Yet you’re still here with zero takes that make sense. Makes everyone mad and sad to bring up geography.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    So you don't see that perspective changing now with the expanded CFB playoff and the potential windfall of making it in as a G5? Details still TBD, but all that matters on that front is how good your FB program is
    Nope, I really don't think the conferences will change that view on all sports membership, but would love to be proven wrong. Some of them (AAC and CUSA) like to brag about their basketball and care about that also. MAC to a lesser degree. And I think even the football centric SBC will be hesitant to add someone who only brings competition for that CFP bid. This might make a move anywhere harder, but especially if they aren't backfilling a vacancy.

The thing to remember here is you are also asking a conference like CUSA to split their CFP payout (all conferences get a slice) more ways, thus asking them to take a paycut on one of their few revenue sources. Probably less significant with a conference that has a good media deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Nope, I really don't think the conferences will change that view on all sports membership, but would love to be proven wrong. Some of them (AAC and CUSA) like to brag about their basketball and care about that also. MAC to a lesser degree. And I think even the football centric SBC will be hesitant to add someone who only brings competition for that CFP bid. This might make a move anywhere harder, but especially if they aren't backfilling a vacancy.
    It is interesting that while endorsing staying with the NCAA, they pointed to not breaking the other sports away from FB. But $$ talks. We'll see. They have a bit left to sort out yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Yet you’re still here with zero takes that make sense. Makes everyone mad and sad to bring up geography.
    To you anyone who wants to move up makes zero sense.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

If the MWC or MAC offers, I don't give a single damn if we have travel partner but the FCS forever crew will be clinging to the ambitionless SDSU if that happens.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

this is fucking ridiculous

in 2024 the CFP WILL TAKE A G5

NDSU NEEDS TO BE IN A G5 IN 2 YEARS.

OR FIRE MATT LARSON/DAVID COOK ON THE SPOT
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If the MWC or MAC offers, I don't give a single damn if we have travel partner but the FCS forever crew will be clinging to the ambitionless SDSU if that happens.
    Actually clinging to the "if the MWC or MAC offers" because as of right now, they literally have zero reason too.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this is fucking ridiculous

in 2024 the CFP WILL TAKE A G5

NDSU NEEDS TO BE IN A G5 IN 2 YEARS.

OR FIRE MATT LARSON/DAVID COOK ON THE SPOT
    2024. That's CUSA then. And there's not a CUSA team that'll be near that playoff spot. Which - if that's what NDSU needs to do - so be it.

What's going down with all the other NDSU sports when that happens. I guess I don't care, just curious.