Page 581 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 814815315715795805815825835916316811081 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

It is easier to plan your time off when you know the date of the championship game. The first bowl games last year were on Dec. 17th and the last game (excluding the BCS playoffs) was Jan. 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Once again, Frisco works because NDSU fans have time and plan ahead to gobble up tickets. Short notice bowl game anytime before December 28 will be a joke just like every other bowl game played by every other program. Honestly it's just common sense. The joke atmosphere at bowl games (the one's that NDSU has a realistic chance at) have been around as long as Joe Biden in politics.

Shit in your left hand, puke in your right.
    It's OK to not be OK.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    No real argument on any of your points...and I do keep in contact with some GSU guys. As a whole, they are happy to have moved up...it is a very small minority that preferred FCS. My point is if NDSU moves up, they better be competing to win the conference most years...suffering the fate of most these schools would not be worth it. Just moving up in Sagarin, but still in the middle of the conference does nothing for me. With that said, I'd be fairly confident we would be more than competitive in any conference that would have us. Now if we got our coaches poached constantly it would be harder...not sure if that would happen, but I don't see us winning the way we do and keeping coaches for long if we are FBS.

Let's just say that the ball is in good hands for GSU this year!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t go to games because my HS age kids are in fall activities. Besides…you know important shit….low level FBS and the trash bowl games do nothing for me and the product isn’t rmuch improved either. Besides…gasp….maybe Nebraska or Texas will schedule us.

My point is….forever…it has to move the meter in a large way, and it ain’t. “FCS FLREVER!” No. That’s trust the harsh reality of where we’re at. Go ahead and dream big. There’s a reason it hasn’t been done yet.
    So essentially you have no point. You don't like FCS and you don't like G5. You're just bitching to bitch. I have a rule for my employees. If they bring up a problem, they have to also bring up a potential solution or them raising the problem is almost meaningless. This whole discussion is about each of our individual preferred solutions regarding FBS vs. FCS. What's your preference and why? I for the life of me don't really know what you prefer because you've bitched about both. We're a mid-major athletic department whose most successful and best funded sport is capped by the ceiling of FCS. The meter for football will not move at all if we stay FCS. Moving to FBS raises the ceiling for football. If football continues to be our "cash cow" sport, it makes very little sense to stay in the FCS. There is no guarantee that FBS will deliver increased attendance, excitement and engagement but we know that FCS won't either. There are reasons why a move to FBS hasn't happened yet. None of which have to do with your perception of "Shitty Bowls" and whether they will move the needle. Moving to FBS would move some of the "highlight" games of the season to the regular season rather than the the highlight games being in the playoffs in FCS. I personally am open to the possibility of staying in the FCS given hurdles that have been discussed ad nauseum. What I am not open to is staying FCS and outspending our football competition the way we are currently and exacerbating the attendance problem by making the games unentertaining. In my opinion that is the biggest factor in the declining attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    So essentially you have no point. You don't like FCS and you don't like G5. You're just bitching to bitch. I have a rule for my employees. If they bring up a problem, they have to also bring up a potential solution or them raising the problem is almost meaningless. This whole discussion is about each of our individual preferred solutions regarding FBS vs. FCS. What's your preference and why? I for the life of me don't really know what you prefer because you've bitched about both. We're a mid-major athletic department whose most successful and best funded sport is capped by the ceiling of FCS. The meter for football will not move at all if we stay FCS. Moving to FBS raises the ceiling for football. If football continues to be our "cash cow" sport, it makes very little sense to stay in the FCS. There is no guarantee that FBS will deliver increased attendance, excitement and engagement but we know that FCS won't either. There are reasons why a move to FBS hasn't happened yet. None of which have to do with your perception of "Shitty Bowls" and whether they will move the needle. Moving to FBS would move some of the "highlight" games of the season to the regular season rather than the the highlight games being in the playoffs in FCS. I personally am open to the possibility of staying in the FCS given hurdles that have been discussed ad nauseum. What I am not open to is staying FCS and outspending our football competition the way we are currently and exacerbating the attendance problem by making the games unentertaining. In my opinion that is the biggest factor in the declining attendance.
    Yup, it's time to go. Let the teachers' colleges have their subdivision back. FCS has been limiting our potential for the past few years. I do think 2019 would've had a chance of running the table in the Mountain West. Imagine what that would've done for us. Instead we just broke our own FCS unbeaten streak.

One championship? Awesome
    Three-peat? Impressive
    Five in a row? Dynasty
    9 in 10 years? Something is wrong lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I am not sure it is accurate to call FBS bowl games "trash"..Those games mean something to the players and the coaches. The host cities do a lot of events and charity outreach. If gives the fans a chance to see their home team play somebody new. A lot of those games match mid majors against P5 schools which helps with recruiting.

Nevada has played in a number of bowl games and I have had a great time attending some. I am sure were Nevada still at the FCS level I would enjoy the playoffs too..I certainly did before.

Football is football and fandom is fandom..It still comes down to rooting for your set of players to beat the other guys.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I'm not bitching about anything. It's a sport. It's entertainment. I don't feel G5 is much of an entertainment value/product increase over MVFC, because it's not. Just laughing that G5 is "big time" like most think. Really shooting for the stars there.... My "perception" on the bowl games is in fact, reality, and the "highlight" games would all be in a different zip code than where NDSU sits anyway.

So I guess you're right. I don't have a point. Based on years of back and forth and the fact that NDSU ain't going anywhere anytime soon, I guess no one has a point. If they go FBS? Sweeeeet...5K Bison fans at the New Orleans Bowl against Louisiana State...sounds legit. I definitely won't be mad about it. I just won't care. Maybe I'll tune in while wrapping Christmas gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I am not sure it is accurate to call FBS bowl games "trash"..Those games mean something to the players and the coaches. The host cities do a lot of events and charity outreach. If gives the fans a chance to see their home team play somebody new. A lot of those games match mid majors against P5 schools which helps with recruiting.

Nevada has played in a number of bowl games and I have had a great time attending some. I am sure were Nevada still at the FCS level I would enjoy the playoffs too..I certainly did before.

Football is football and fandom is fandom..It still comes down to rooting for your set of players to beat the other guys.
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ers-need-solve

“In the mid-2020s, Navigate Research projects that each Big Ten and SEC school will be making in the neighborhood of $100 million in league payouts and the next three leagues -- ACC, Big 12 and Pac-12 -- will be taking in about half that.”

Look for the next realignment to occur in 2023. Nothing will happen anywhere for about 8 months, which puts you in early 2023.

I'm not bitching about anything. It's a sport. It's entertainment. I don't feel G5 is much of an entertainment value/product increase over MVFC, because it's not. Just laughing that G5 is "big time" like most think. Really shooting for the stars there.... My "perception" on the bowl games is in fact, reality, and the "highlight" games would all be in a different zip code than where NDSU sits anyway.

So I guess you're right. I don't have a point. Based on years of back and forth and the fact that NDSU ain't going anywhere anytime soon, I guess no one has a point. If they go FBS? Sweeeeet...5K Bison fans at the New Orleans Bowl against Louisiana State...sounds legit. I definitely won't be mad about it. I just won't care. Maybe I'll tune in while wrapping Christmas gifts.
    If we could only get 5K fans to New Orleans to play Louisiana State....I'd be fine with disbanding the program
    College of Business Alumnus

I don’t go to games because my HS age kids are in fall activities. Besides…you know important shit….low level FBS and the trash bowl games do nothing for me and the product isn’t rmuch improved either. Besides…gasp….maybe Nebraska or Texas will schedule us.

My point is….forever…it has to move the meter in a large way, and it ain’t. “FCS FLREVER!” No. That’s trust the harsh reality of where we’re at. Go ahead and dream big. There’s a reason it hasn’t been done yet.
    So you don't go to games now anyway but you still want to stay FCS? Why would you even care if we went FBS then?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So you don't go to games now anyway but you still want to stay FCS? Why would you even care if we went FBS then?
    Because other people hoping for something and then seeing that hope realized makes him cranky?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*