Page 580 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 804805305705785795805815825906306801080 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    To you FCS Forever guys it wouldn't matter what bowl game we played you. You guys are just hell bent on never changing.
    Oh you pegged it of course. I'm super jealous of GSU and app state. So excited to shoot for that moon. Golly gee I wonder what those schools have that NDSU doesn't....if only someone with a brain could pinpoint that.

May 12...fun popping back in. Back to your regularly scheduled off season unrealistic dreams....

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Oh you pegged it of course. I'm super jealous of GSU and app state. So excited to shoot for that moon. Golly gee I wonder what those schools have that NDSU doesn't....if only someone with a brain could pinpoint that.
    My confusion, specifically with you, is what is your purpose with your posts? You say you don’t go to the games now because you’re disinterested but you bitch about any suggestion of FBS. I don’t get what you’re intentions are.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    My confusion, specifically with you, is what is your purpose with your posts? You say you don’t go to the games now because you’re disinterested but you bitch about any suggestion of FBS. I don’t get what you’re intentions are.
    His intentions were to stir the pot and unfortunately he did a good job with his troll job.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Last year Georgia Southern was bad, according to Sagarin about as bad as their worst years in FCS. Not every single year is better but look back at the Sagarin for the past 10 years and their average ranking is higher as FBS than it was during their time in FCS.

ODU isn't even a real football program. I literally cannot even remember Liberty or CCU in FCS but obviously Liberty is a bit of a strange animal.

Point being that generally teams get better when they are allowed to add scholarships. I'd love to be able to poll the GSU fan base and ask if they prefer where they're at now or if they'd rather go back to playing for the chance to lose in the FCS semi's every 4 years.
    You don't remember playing CCU in the playoffs??
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    His intentions were to stir the pot and unfortunately he did a good job with his troll job.
    I guess. Seems weird. At least if he felt FCS was the greatest I would understand his purpose more.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Caught Chapo’s hyperbole fever

Besides one game and a news story on a turquoise field I literally never heard of them while they were FCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    And twice at that, with the second one being a hell of a good game.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coastal is a good team, App St too. I'd be happy if we had their results.
    GSU hasn't fared as well, but still has a great culture and fanbase.

I'd like to see us move up for right opportunity. Landing in the right conference is very important for FBS success.
    Look at UMass or UConn for examples of what can go wrong. UMass was good in FCS, even won a Natty.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I don’t go to games because my HS age kids are in fall activities. Besides…you know important shit….low level FBS and the trash bowl games do nothing for me and the product isn’t rmuch improved either. Besides…gasp….maybe Nebraska or Texas will schedule us.

My point is….forever…it has to move the meter in a large way, and it ain’t. “FCS FLREVER!” No. That’s trust the harsh reality of where we’re at. Go ahead and dream big. There’s a reason it hasn’t been done yet.