Page 577 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 774775275675755765775785795876276771077 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Alienation of workers from their labor bro. Hardly the first example of that in our corporationist system. All organizations have their hands out when their laborers start bringing in extra cash.

In all seriousness, I would love to see the kids get paid how much they were actually worth. That way about 95% of them would realize how important school actually is.
    The average college athlete is a better student than the average college student.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The average college athlete is a better student than the average college student.
    I assume you mean via having a higher GPA?

Is that because of an understanding of the importance of education or more so a mixture of access to better academic resources, a much higher work ethic and a formal support system put in place to ensure their success?

I knew athletes in all sorts of sports in college who didn’t go to class. I also knew all sorts of normies who didn’t go to class. They were treated very differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The teams have been taking 100 percent of the revenue and the players have gotten nothing ever and now that they’re being allowed to make a few marketing bucks off of their name and talent you think the teams should get a slice of that too?! How about the teams actual pay them for their skills first!
    Cap the coach/admin salaries then. I’m not opposed to compensating the players. I’m just trying to figure out if there’s a way to keep it from fragmenting, because I think it will lose something if it does. And it won’t be just FB.

I also worry about the dynamic it will create. FB is the ultimate team sport, and you will have starters making 6 figure NILs playing next to (and relying on) guys just on traditional scholarships. Call me old fashioned I guess, but there’s an element of amateurism in D1 college sports that will be lost, even if it is a facade.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I understand the average college athlete probably does better then the average college student. What about that time those Bison football players where getting petition signatures? What about that time Jamous Winston yeld fuck her right in the pussy? I'm just saying somewhere along the way a few kids are going to get big money and think they are bullet proof above the law. I'm not even against the money. I'm just saying people giving out more then 13000 dollars to these kids better be pointing them in the right direction. At least tell them about h and r block eh.

Lardsin must go!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am now a Georgia Southern fan too. Go Eagles. I attended their Spring game and plan to attend several more games this season. Would you like me to report from the other side of the FCS-to-FBS chasm?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by el_chapo View Post
    enjoy your 17th title and 17th time in brown grass frisco with the 80+ year old crowd of nd snowbirds that drive/fly over from arizona
    looser!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I am now a Georgia Southern fan too. Go Eagles. I attended their Spring game and plan to attend several more games this season. Would you like me to report from the other side of the FCS-to-FBS chasm?
    love georgia southern!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    love georgia southern!

Perhaps the most impressive aspect of Georgia Southern culture was the complete absence of Georgia Bulldog gear!

Seriously, I got there early for the tailgating, watched the Spring Game, and left late after talking with coaches and alumni. I didn't see a single piece of Georgia gear all day long, despite the fact of being an in-state school that just won the national championship. When I asked people about it, they sort of took offense at my inquiry. They simply said "We don't allow it!" Love it.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Perhaps the most impressive aspect of Georgia Southern culture was the complete absence of Georgia Bulldog gear!

Seriously, I got there early for the tailgating, watched the Spring Game, and left late after talking with coaches and alumni. I didn't see a single piece of Georgia gear all day long, despite the fact of being an in-state school that just won the national championship. When I asked people about it, they sort of took offense at my inquiry. They simply said "We don't allow it!" Love it.
    And that is the difference between Georgia Southern, and a school like Jacksonville State University, who is quick to point out that "... you can't beat BAMA"

Georgia Southern has an actual football culture

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    And that is the difference between Georgia Southern, and a school like Jacksonville State University, who is quick to point out that "... you can't beat BAMA"

Georgia Southern has an actual football culture
    True, they also won 6 FCS championships, the second most successful FCS team of all time.