Page 520 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 204204705105185195205215225305706201020 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    u saying u wouldn’t go back to 2010 if you could bro?
    I would. My friend wanted us to buy bitcoin at like $3.50 back then lmaoo
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This was pretty interesting to listen to. It seems to me like there is a real chance MW could happen. One interesting comment was, "if the MW wanted some of the TX FBS schools, they would have already grabbed them". Over time, NDSU could be somewhat Boise-like, in terms of a national interest.

I'll set the chance at 30-40% this happens eventually.
    This is pure speculation on the part of the reporter. The MW was very interested in adding some of the Texas schools and the feeling was mutual. Fox and CBS were unwilling to open up the contract for any addition. The conference may or may not have interest in NDSU but nothing will happen now.

Of course, anything can happen and there will likely be more movement. How it lands is anybody's guess.

We play in Frisco every year that makes us basically a Texas school.

Hopefully that fits the footprint of the Pac10
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Plus MWC gets Big Dance money. something like $12-16 million a year with their win credits?

winning the summit gets you $0. (automatic qualifiers don't get revenue) do play in game wins get 1 unit?

NDSU 2015 win dropped off last year
    ORU 1 win last year will.bring in $337k annually for next 6 years

Full sports in Mountain West would catapult ALL of our sports
    Each Mountain West team received about $260,000 in 2021 from basketball tournament credits.

It has been awhile since the MW won a game in the Dance. They generally get 2 schools in so it does grow the pot a bit..However, those payments are spread out over years so it is not a tremendous money maker.

Winning games is the key..The biggest chunk in the pot comes from Nevada's sweet 16 run in 2018. That got them 3 games. No other MW has a win since..Hopefully, there will be a better showing this year.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    It has been awhile since the MW won a game in the Dance. They generally get 2 schools in so it does grow the pot a bit..However, those payments are spread out over years so it is not a tremendous money maker.

Winning games is the key..The biggest chunk in the pot comes from Nevada's sweet 16 run in 2018. That got them 3 games. No other MW has a win since..Hopefully, there will be a better showing this year.
    The article I referenced the above numbers from said the MW currently has 10 credits. Last years credits were worth about $290,000 each. Prior years credits worth slightly less.

The MW members have made a concerted effort to make basketball more lucrative..There is only so far they can go as a football conference but there is lots of room for growth on the courts. The conference has a lot of really good, and expensive coaches and they currently have 5 schools in the top 50 Net. I do think that is where the future lies..
    Last edited by MWC; 02-10-2022 at 08:29 PM.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    and NDSU HAS SUBSIDIZED ALL THESE PUDS.... we make them more revenue on tickets and tailgating and concessions and local economy.
    it's time for NDSU to stop being a WHORE. and time to pimp into the FBS.

in Mountain West. Boise St, Wyoming and Colorado St would be instant Rivals.

Just when I think you've run out of crazy things to say or provocative ways to say them, you prove me wrong again!

So to complete the image, is the MWC the pimp and are NDSU, Boise St, Wyoming, and Colorado St the johns? Who are the whores now?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I don't honestly feel the MAC is that good of a product but either. See TV and stadiums full of bleachers. Tuesday night crap. etc. Run the table and there's a small shot at a decent bowl...at quick glance this year's bowl games were basically a joke too. But it is what it is...seems like a half assed fit geographically, not perfect of course. But if FBS is the deal I'd rather that than the new CUSA.....MWC is a stretch.

Sometimes you guys just ask the wrong questions.

How do typical MAC Tuesday night TV ratings compare to your national championship game TV ratings?

Your national championship game should be a huge national draw, but I don't think it is, partly because ESPN seems to broadcast it out of obligation with almost no promotion in the preceding week. I love watching weeknight MAC-tion games.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Sometimes you guys just ask the wrong questions.

How do typical MAC Tuesday night TV ratings compare to your national championship game TV ratings?

Your national championship game should be a huge national draw, but I don't think it is, partly because ESPN seems to broadcast it out of obligation with almost no promotion in the preceding week. I love watching weeknight MAC-tion games.
    I looked up a few, biggest viewership I found in 2021 and 2019 was 428k. Maybe I missed one... Think when we've been on the main ESPN we've had a few games over 1 million even in say semi finals... Obviously that's more than our typical in season game but putting NDSU on Tuesday night or Wednesday games will slowly kill the culture of what made NDSU football great. That said right now seems as if it's slowly draining away too. I don't have the answer but our geography in this case is a huge variable that regardless of the ease of using planes now days is still a factor.

Either way seems something has to change not only at NDSU but through entire NCAA we're not the only ones that attendance has gone down...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.