Page 508 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 84084584985065075085095105185586081008 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'm not saying CUSA is the best ever
    but if it's a football affiliate and we fly to 5 away games every year in exchange for 5 FBS home games and 2 POWER 5 out of conference games with $2
    million payouts in Big 10/Big 12. they HELL YA I'm all for it.

Mountain West ALL sports is the goal (or Big 12 )
    Would the CUSA give NDSU a football only invite? If they did I don’t see how the NDSU administration doesn’t seriously consider this opportunity. But at this point it is all speculation that we would even get an invite we could accept. I honestly we won’t see that kind of invite. NDSU turning down the idea of full CUSA membership is very real. Making the CUSA work for all sports would be expensive and would be risky joining an unstable conference.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Here’s the difference bro: my solution is temporary just like the great west sucked but was a stepping stone.

We made the most out of that and got into a great position to dominate.

Where would we be had we waited for the big sky or gateway to come calling?

Time for us to yolo bro.
    What if you YOLO to a shitty FBS conference and actually lose attendance at the Fargodome? Is that going to put NDSU in great position for the next conference to come calling? There ain't no guarantees in attendance or the latter.

SPORTS! OMG!

Everyone remembers Adam Vinatieri, the legendary NFL field goal kicker who went to SDSU. Adam also had a nephew that was a field goal kicker for SDSU a few years back. So the Vinatieri family has a strong connection to SDSU.

Well Adam's son, AJ Vinatieri just committed to a school. He had seven offers, including SDSU. So where did the kid commit to? He is going to the only FBS offer he had. It's UMASS! All the Status Quo people can ridicule UMASS all they want, but the kid took a shitty FBS school over the family legacy college SDSU. https://sports.yahoo.com/adam-vinati...ycsrp_catchall

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Everyone remembers Adam Vinatieri, the legendary NFL field goal kicker who went to SDSU. Adam also had a nephew that was a field goal kicker for SDSU a few years back. So the Vinatieri family has a strong connection to SDSU.

Well Adam's son, AJ Vinatieri just committed to a school. He had seven offers, including SDSU. So where did the kid commit to? He is going to the only FBS offer he had. It's UMASS! All the Status Quo people can ridicule UMASS all they want, but the kid took a shitty FBS school over the family legacy college SDSU. https://sports.yahoo.com/adam-vinati...ycsrp_catchall
    Just to clarify, he did have multiple P5 and SEC walk on offers. Wonder what he coulda made at an SEC school with NIL?

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are you finding random facts and spouting them out without understanding what they mean? Look at those 7 offers last season. 1-10 UMass, who lost to 2 FCS teams. 3 crappy FCS schools with a combined 12 D1 wins, a Pioneer League, NAIA, and D2 school, then SDSU probably based on the name. Good for UMass on winning recruiting battles against NAIA. Plus Adam and Chase were born and raised in South Dakota, AJ is from Indiana and apparently doesn't have any ties to the area other than his dad. Wanting to step out from that shadow isn't uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Are you finding random facts and spouting them out without understanding what they mean? Look at those 7 offers last season. 1-10 UMass, who lost to 2 FCS teams. 3 crappy FCS schools with a combined 12 D1 wins, a Pioneer League, NAIA, and D2 school, then SDSU probably based on the name. Good for UMass on winning recruiting battles against NAIA. Plus Adam and Chase were born and raised in South Dakota, AJ is from Indiana and apparently doesn't have any ties to the area other than his dad. Wanting to step out from that shadow isn't uncommon.
    But that crappy FBS school also beat out a premiere FCS school too. At least I think SDSU can be called something close to us. I noticed you only mentioned the poor offers he had. Nice of you to disregard the SDSU one. How do you explain UMass>SDSU?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

But that crappy FBS school also beat out a premiere FCS school too. At least I think SDSU can be called something close to us. I noticed you only mentioned the poor offers he had. Nice of you to disregard the SDSU one. How do you explain UMass>SDSU?
    Kids obviously never been to taco John's.

Lardsin must go!

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Already gave a possible reason of not being in his dad's shadow. Very real possibility. He'd also be the low man on the pole at a school with a history of good kicking, where at UMass he might be a 4 year starter. That matters. Face it, this means basically nothing in the FBS/FCS debate.

So Adam V's son, who probably grew up considering "home" as MA (Pats) or IN (Colts), picked living in MA versus SD?

Amherst over Brookings?
    Whodathunkit.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    So Adam V's son, who probably grew up considering "home" as MA (Pats) or IN (Colts), picked living in MA versus SD?

Amherst over Brookings?
    Whodathunkit.
    shocking development! Imagine had SDSU been in the CUSA with Liberty, it would've been a done deal. Lol