Page 421 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521921 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It has been the complete opposite of a disater for Liberty. That said, I am not sure we even have to do that. The CUSA may be at a point where we could ask for a football only offer and they may grant it. This may be the type of move we have to make to position ourselves in the FBS long term. Just like the Great West in the FCS, you aren't going to start out in the best G5 league like the MWC.
    Absolutely. Waiting for an invitation to the perfect conference/situation to just fall in our laps is stupid. Get there, prove viability and success and continue to build. We literally cannot do anything else at this level to show the university is ready for bigger things.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Why do you guys rail on ML when he’s not the one you should be railing on?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Are you saying Dean is the only chief in the tent or??
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It has been the complete opposite of a disater for Liberty. That said, I am not sure we even have to do that. The CUSA may be at a point where we could ask for a football only offer and they may grant it. This may be the type of move we have to make to position ourselves in the FBS long term. Just like the Great West in the FCS, you aren't going to start out in the best G5 league like the MWC.
    When NDSU gets a Falwell let me know... then Indy might be an option. Until then it's not sustainable for anything beyond a few years and I fail to see how NDSU is any more attractive to a prospective FBS conference as an Indy than they would be as an FCS program. I agree that NDSU absolutely should be reaching out to CUSA to gauge the feasibility of a football only invite... but I do not think NDSU should bend over backwards for an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Are you saying Dean is the only chief in the tent or??
    That’s how this is usually done, no? Why would NDSU be any different?

That’s how this is usually done, no? Why would NDSU be any different?
    A president having a Director of Athletics that they couldn’t consult, lean on and trust for a decision like this would be a fool of a president. Dean Bresciani is not a fool.

Besides, Dean isn’t the one getting interviewed by the media on a monthly basis. Why would the media incessantly ask ML if he has no say in the matter?
    *one day later*

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Because I can't spell brescani!

Lardsin must go!

Dakotas and Montanas should start a new conf and sue the NCAA, claiming anti-trust violations, for a waiver to start a new fbs conference. Look at the profile of these schools compared to the lower G5 schools.. theres no reason that geography should be the only reason a school like NDSU cant move up. Leverage this in a way to get schools like uni and illinois state into the same all sports conference. Add a couple more teams out west and have protected rivalries to help with travel cost.

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Dakotas and Montanas should start a new conf and sue the NCAA, claiming anti-trust violations, for a waiver to start a new fbs conference. Look at the profile of these schools compared to the lower G5 schools.. theres no reason that geography should be the only reason a school like NDSU cant move up. Leverage this in a way to get schools like uni and illinois state into the same all sports conference. Add a couple more teams out west and have protected rivalries to help with travel cost.
    There is one Dakota school with support to make FBS work, maybe a 2nd. The other two would be dead weight.

The Montanas can’t even spell FBS and nor would they want to.

Best part is where you convince UNI and Illy State to leave the MVC. Ha!
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    There is one Dakota school with support to make FBS work, maybe a 2nd. The other two would be dead weight.

The Montanas can’t even spell FBS and nor would they want to.

Best part is where you convince UNI and Illy State to leave the MVC. Ha!
    ^^^^Damn straight. This guy gets it right here