Page 1194 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 19469410941144118411921193119411951196120412441294 ... LastLast
Results 11,931 to 11,940 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Something to read by the pool this afternoon.
    https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...means-fbs-jump
    North Dakota can probably support just one FBS school, and NDSU is it. UND is well positioned to be the FCS school and will likely dominate the FCS for years to come.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    If NDSU has had no contact at all with the MW I can only conclude they are not interested in joining the MW or the MW has no interest in adding NDSU.

It is impossible to imagine why the MW would ever issue an invitation to anyone who has never indicated any interest in joining them at all. Ain't no mind readers on the MW executive board..
    Not sure why we have to keep rehashing this topic on this thread. Everyone knows we are interested, and everyone knows there has been contact.

It's been reported that there has been interest expressed, believe the article even called it lobbying. These things always happen thru backdoor channels first. Our President is not going to go on television and publicly beg MWC for an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Not sure why we have to keep rehashing this topic on this thread. Everyone knows we are interested, and everyone knows there has been contact.

It's been reported that there has been interest expressed, believe the article even called it lobbying. These things always happen thru backdoor channels first. Our President is not going to go on television and publicly beg MWC for an invite.
    When I came to this board I wanted to get to know your program because I thought there was a very real possibility you might be added. It was a long shot but not impossible. I don't know what to think now. In an earlier post someone here said that your president has stated there has been 'no' contact with the MW at all. Thompson and now Gloria Nevarez have said that many schools have been in contact seeking an invitation. This has been the case for years now.

Some pundits have said that NDSU should be added but I have not seen anything from anybody directly connected to the University even mention the MW..Your football coach did mention the AAC. That may be the official position and NDSU has never had any interest in the MW..

That is fair. I don't bust anybody who doesn't want to join the MW.

A poster earlier today said the P5/G5 structure is keeping deserving FCS schools out of the FBS. This seemed a stretch to me because less deserving FCS schools have been moving up frequently over the last few years. That is why I asked if NDSU has ever even made an application request to the MW. Your president says no. That seems quite definitive. If you have been lobbying it appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

I really didn't enter into the conversation today to troll. I just asked a specific question.

I probably won't post anything here until there is something concrete, if something concrete ever happens. However, I have never opposed adding NDSU though I would be more supportive of a football only invite. But I don't have a vote.

When I came to this board I wanted to get to know your program because I thought there was a very real possibility you might be added. It was a long shot but not impossible. I don't know what to think now. In an earlier post someone here said that your president has stated there has been 'no' contact with the MW at all. Thompson and now Gloria Nevarez have said that many schools have been in contact seeking an invitation. This has been the case for years now.

Some pundits have said that NDSU should be added but I have not seen anything from anybody directly connected to the University even mention the MW..Your football coach did mention the AAC. That may be the official position and NDSU has never had any interest in the MW..

That is fair. I don't bust anybody who doesn't want to join the MW.

A poster earlier today said the P5/G5 structure is keeping deserving FCS schools out of the FBS. This seemed a stretch to me because less deserving FCS schools have been moving up frequently over the last few years. That is why I asked if NDSU has ever even made an application request to the MW. Your president says no. That seems quite definitive. If you have been lobbying it appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

I really didn't enter into the conversation today to troll. I just asked a specific question.

I probably won't post anything here until there is something concrete, if something concrete ever happens. However, I have never opposed adding NDSU though I would be more supportive of a football only invite. But I don't have a vote.
    NDSU has been interested in the MW conference for years, and the MW knows that. Our president has been asked if he’s talked to the mountain west and he says no. That’s because the conversations are done by third party consultants, not the organizations themselves. I’d be surprised if this is actually the first time you’ve heard of this.

Has NDSU “filled out an application”? No, and they never will until they have an invitation in hand from a conference. Neither will any other public school. It’s a FOIA nightmare to do otherwise.

You’re a cool dude MWC and it seems like you enjoy playing devils advocate. Sometimes that comes across as trolling, especially in this instance you’re implying the reason NDSU isn’t in the MW is because they “haven’t applied”. Another is when you talk about the importance of basketball to the conference and then later mention that UC Davis and Sac State are great options for the conference.

My point earlier is that the P5 schools play the game of exclusivity to control the system. The G5 is then forced to follow suit for survival purposes. The result is a system that doesn’t reward ability or even investment. The system is falling apart (or rather becoming exaggerated) and if that’s what it takes for NDSU to get to what is currently considered FBS, I’m all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Looks like a troll to me bros

I'm down with MWC he followed me here from the MWC boards. it's all good, we are going to be in that Conference we might as well start engaging with their fanbases..

Wyo fans dont like us
    Boise Fans like us
    Colo State fans love us
    Fresno fans hate us LOL
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    NDSU has been interested in the MW conference for years, and the MW knows that. Our president has been asked if he’s talked to the mountain west and he says no. That’s because the conversations are done by third party consultants, not the organizations themselves. I’d be surprised if this is actually the first time you’ve heard of this.

Has NDSU “filled out an application”? No, and they never will until they have an invitation in hand from a conference. Neither will any other public school. It’s a FOIA nightmare to do otherwise.

You’re a cool dude MWC and it seems like you enjoy playing devils advocate. Sometimes that comes across as trolling, especially in this instance you’re implying the reason NDSU isn’t in the MW is because they “haven’t applied”. Another is when you talk about the importance of basketball to the conference and then later mention that UC Davis and Sac State are great options for the conference.

My point earlier is that the P5 schools play the game of exclusivity to control the system. The G5 is then forced to follow suit for survival purposes. The result is a system that doesn’t reward ability or even investment. The system is falling apart (or rather becoming exaggerated) and if that’s what it takes for NDSU to get to what is currently considered FBS, I’m all for it.
    All an application request does is start the ball rolling. You don't have to fill it out. The request is good enough. But nobody is going to invite anybody with out some sort of direct official conversation with the important parties first. The MW vets schools all the time but that is only limited what they can glean from the outside. They are not going to invite based solely upon limited information. These are multi million dollar decisions. It is not like changing your personal insurance provider Other schools, including FCS members have sent in letters, had direct talks with the people who matter and been persistent.

Your president has said there has been NO contact between NDSU and the MW. I believe him. Backdoor conversations are all well and good but apparently not enough. You have either been lead to believe you will not be invited or you have let it be known by your backdoor people that you have no interest in the MW at all. No official contact leads me to believe it will never happen.

Also, as I have said before. Basketball is not as important to the conference as football but the MW is not known at all for being a great football conference or even a mediocre one, but their basketball is good and well respected. Adding Davis would have nothing to do with that. They would be added for other important reasons. Location location location.

The conference is happy to add good football schools but there are a lots of other factors to consider too. If you believe your excellent football program is all you need to be in the MW you may be disappointed. Or not. Maybe the MW is not your goal.

All an application request does is start the ball rolling. You don't have to fill it out. The request is good enough. But nobody is going to invite anybody with out some sort of direct official conversation with the important parties first. The MW vets schools all the time but that is only limited what they can glean from the outside. They are not going to invite based solely upon limited information. These are multi million dollar decisions. It is not like changing your personal insurance provider Other schools, including FCS members have sent in letters, had direct talks with the people who matter and been persistent.

Your president has said there has been NO contact between NDSU and the MW. I believe him. Backdoor conversations are all well and good but apparently not enough. You have either been lead to believe you will not be invited or you have let it be known by your backdoor people that you have no interest in the MW at all. No official contact leads me to believe it will never happen.
    Lol okay then. You show me where we can get this application and I’ll make sure our president gets it. Thanks for steering us in the right direction.

Sheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lol okay then. You show me where we can get this application and I’ll make sure our president gets it. Thanks for steering us in the right direction.

Sheesh
    An application request..You can call it something else if you wish..How about a letter that expresses interest in joining the conference. A hello, we would like to get to know you phone call. Again, it was your president who said there has been NO!!!!! contact with the MW. Nothing says we aren't interested more than that.. I am not sure which is the more disinterested party at this point.

I think the NDSU train to the MW never even made it to the station. It is all moot..