Page 903 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 4038038538939019029039049059139531003 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,030 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Expanding athletics funding while contracting academics funding. It won't be a good look to the general public (looking for workforce) or the Legislature.

Even if you say "but private funding!" it'll still be blood sport, with no winners.
    I guess we could just pull a UND and start having a consistent drumbeat of shocking negative press. That way people come to expect not being able to hold us accountable for our actions.

Or we could just be clear that the majority of increased funding would come from conference affiliation.

Oh hey, funny how you thought there'd be more indigenous peoples' remains found at NDUS institutions. Guess you were right...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

You guys remind me of an old Marx brothers scene:

Wagstaff: ... Where would this college be without football? Have we got a stadium?

Professor One: Yes.

Wagstaff: Have we got a college?

Professor One: Yes.

Wagstaff: Well, we can't support both. Tomorrow we start tearing down the college.

You guys remind me of an old Marx brothers scene:

Since you’re here so much, why don’t you expound on how you think the fighting hawks are going to come to Fargo on the 19th and beat the Bison?

Also, who reps you off all the time on here, and do you reciprocate? Never mind. I don't want to know. I have to go vomit now …

Expanding athletics funding while contracting academics funding. It won't be a good look to the general public (looking for workforce) or the Legislature.

Even if you say "but private funding!" it'll still be blood sport, with no winners.
    Maybe this academic budget contraction will finally provide your team the opportunity you've been looking for to catch up to NDSU athletically. Seems on brand for UND to look to such strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Also, who reps you off all the time on here, and do you reciprocate? Never mind. I don't want to know.
    Thank your for your surely deep and heartfelt concern. <-- just imagine the purple

I'd ask you the same, but my interest is at the level of yours as well.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I guess we could just pull a UND and start having a consistent drumbeat of shocking negative press. That way people come to expect not being able to hold us accountable for our actions.

Or we could just be clear that the majority of increased funding would come from conference affiliation.

Oh hey, funny how you thought there'd be more indigenous peoples' remains found at NDUS institutions. Guess you were right...
    The conferences that would provide a “majority” needed for increased funding aren’t inviting NDSU.

Declining enrollment is going to bad the next few years, interest costs on loans has doubled from last year already and the Fed in not close to being done. Only solution looks to be closing UND and and make NDSU a 20k undergrad full academic institution. Keep the hockey program in GF so the locals don’t notice and collapse all their other sports.

LIBERTY beats Arkansas.... but ya I'd rather beat WIU
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I love when liberty is successful because it proves that Jesus is real and a republican. I’m also sure it makes ECE8HC uncomfortable so win-win.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I love when liberty is successful because it proves that Jesus is real and a republican. I’m also sure it makes ECE8HC uncomfortable so win-win.
    Jesus loves the pool boy.