Page 877 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 377777827867875876877878879887927977 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,770 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Exactly why the NCAA transformation committee should slam the door on CUSA.
    NDSU's Bresciani was on that. I'm surprised more information about that isn't flowing in local media.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    1) "unworthiness" is a subjective opinion
    2) Regional visions dominate all conference visions, except the B10 apparently
    For G5s it's about survival and costs. KSU was in the middle of C-USA's footprint and they needed a warm body to stay above FBS minimum 8 teams (if they get poached again) so it was a no-brainer.
    For P5s (now P2?) it's about Teflon coating and Lexan lining the armored bank vault and revenue streams (OU/UT to SEC and USC/UCLA to B1G are no-brainers under that criteria).

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Better late then never eh. Just like the busses eh. The fm area will figure it out eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

"Board of Regents meeting in Georgia today likely to vote on Kennesaw State moving up to FBS. This article from @ChrisVannini says look for Tarleton State and Eastern Kentucky as the next two possible FCS defections to FBS."

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...24217932763137
    Pretty soon the only FCS schools left will be Presbyterian, Valpo, and NDSU. Maybe Moorhead State can move up to FCS so we have some company.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Pretty soon the only FCS schools left will be Presbyterian, Valpo, and NDSU. Maybe Moorhead State can move up to FCS so we have some company.
    Ummm ... might want to read up on the Pioneer Conference.
    Hint: we're the newbies.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 10-13-2022 at 04:41 AM.

Exactly why the NCAA transformation committee should slam the door on CUSA. They are calling up un-worthy FCS schools simply to survive under the regional vision of their commish. That should not be allowed because it does nothing to elevate FBS. Total BS and it has nothing to do with ML
    Every conference in FBS has representatives on the D1 Transformation Committee and every single one of them stands by each other to remain as Football Bowl Subdivision leagues. Sankey himself understanding that his league's actions were fully responsible for what happened to Conference USA stands by Commissioner Judy MacLeod and recognizes Conference USA's right to do whatever they need to do to remain viable. Greg is actually pretty sympathetic in that regard. I know it's not what you want to hear, but that that's okay. You'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by All4One View Post
    Every conference in FBS has representatives on the D1 Transformation Committee and every single one of them stands by each other to remain as Football Bowl Subdivision leagues. Sankey himself understanding that his league's actions were fully responsible for what happened to Conference USA stands by Commissioner Judy MacLeod and recognizes Conference USA's right to do whatever they need to do to remain viable. Greg is actually pretty sympathetic in that regard. I know it's not what you want to hear, but that that's okay. You'll get over it.
    Would also be super shitty of the sun belt and others to raid CUSA like they did and then after the fact make it impossible for CUSA to survive. There’s already enough anti-trust legislation that somehow is being avoided
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Oh I'm sure I will since I don't care abut CUSA. It's lame though. Even you can see that I'm sure

Oh I'm sure I will since I don't care abut CUSA. It's lame though. Even you can see that I'm sure
    Obviously you do care or else you wouldn't have mentioned it with interesting word choices and tone. I especially found amusing "slam the door on CUSA" and the "unworthy FCS teams." I guess Kennesaw, Sam Houston, & Jacksonville State will be skipping communion for a while until they repent for wanting to better their universities as a whole by being in a better position for athletics.

Obviously you do care or else you wouldn't have mentioned it with interesting word choices and tone. I especially found amusing "slam the door on CUSA" and the "unworthy FCS teams." I guess Kennesaw, Sam Houston, & Jacksonville State will be skipping communion for a while until they repent for wanting to better their universities as a whole by being in a better position for athletics.
    I never saw CUSA as a viable home for NDSU and I followed D1 CFB for decades before I started paying any attention to FCS. That’s where the ire you detect is coming from. What your conference is doing to survive – calling up low-level FCS teams with minimal followings in already saturated markets – is bad for the subdivision, plain and simple

So yes, from that angle I care, but like you say, I’ll get over it