Page 799 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2996997497897977987998008018098498991299 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Good for app state. Easy geographical fbs move for them when they pulled the trigger.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Never should have left FCS. They could be playing home playoff games against Sacramento St. or Elon.
    Instead, they are playing Texas AM and winning.
    Too bad for them!
    I bet they are hating their decision.

(obviously being sarcastic, but this is Binsonville, so ya know...gotta throw that out there due to the amount of morons)
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I'm sure there's some on here that either won't get the sarcasm or seriously think we'd be better off in FCS. Morons is right.
    I've seen the catholics and presbyterians post but had no idea we had mormons too! Let alone the majority eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Good for app state. Easy geographical fbs move for them when they pulled the trigger.
    I don't honestly believe geography means jack shit. Are there schools in FBS that are like...damn, we gotta use an extra hour of jet fuel to fly here. Hawaii is in the Mountain West. It's way farther to get there from any MWC school then it is to get to Fargo.
    And market is really not a problem either. You think Wyoming has a big TV market? Or App St. for that matter? App St. is a VERY specific school with a state that has 6 other FBS Schools. They are located in Boone NC...ever heard of it? Me either.
    And the population of NC is about twice that of Minnesota. Who has ONE FBS program. Imagine if MN had 3 FBS programs...the market would be much less for all of them, due to being spread out. But it works in NC I guess.

I don't buy the geography or market excuses.

I'm not saying you are saying that either. It just brought it to my mind when you mentioned geography.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I don't honestly believe geography means jack shit. Are there schools in FBS that are like...damn, we gotta use an extra hour of jet fuel to fly here. Hawaii is in the Mountain West. It's way farther to get there from any MWC school then it is to get to Fargo.
    And market is really not a problem either. You think Wyoming has a big TV market? Or App St. for that matter? App St. is a VERY specific school with a state that has 6 other FBS Schools. They are located in Boone NC...ever heard of it? Me either.
    And the population of NC is about twice that of Minnesota. Who has ONE FBS program. Imagine if MN had 3 FBS programs...the market would be much less for all of them, due to being spread out. But it works in NC I guess.

I don't buy the geography or market excuses.

I'm not saying you are saying that either. It just brought it to my mind when you mentioned geography.
    MW teams receive subsidies to travel to Hawaii.

UND left the BSC because of travel expenses.

Just saying.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    MW teams receive subsidies to travel to Hawaii.

UND left the BSC because of travel expenses.

Just saying.
    Ok Hawaii might be not the best example, but my point still applies. There are alot of conferences with longer flights than Fargo to Boise or Fargo to Colorado Springs or Fargo to wherever.
    Sun Belt conference comes to mind...as does Pac 12.
    Huntington WV, Marshall University, to fellow conference member Texas St? Pretty long flight.
    And TX St and Marshall have an insanely small market. JMU to San Marcos? Even longer flight. But me thinks the people of San Marcos are not exactly pulling in viewership.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Geography still matters in G5. The examples given are from one end to another. Similar distance from Fargo to the nearest school in these conferences. MWC is already very spread out but we are well outside the footprint. Boise to New Mexico is a pretty good hike but each school has someone within 4-5 hours. Same for West with Reno to San Diego. Fargo to Laramie is 800 miles!

Market means less at G5 but many references aren't including the market where many alumni are. For NDSU that would include Minneapolis. G5 schools don't move the needle in most of their markets.

Fargo and North Dakota are a different kind of out there. People are surprised to learn Minneapolis is about halfway from Indy to Minot. And I'm closer to my sister-in-law in Orlando than my family in Minot.

In the end, if MWC or MAC decides to expand on fairly confident NDSU will be high on either list.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Marshall Thundering Herd beat Notre Dame today. Yes, Marshall. It wasn't too many years ago they were FCS, and after they moved up they were even in CUSA.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

App state gets gameday I wish NDSU could do that

Georgia southern beats Nebraska. Bet they wish they were still hanging out with us.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Can you imagine NDSU & downtown Fargo doing this after a huge upset. .

https://twitter.com/KiukRyan/status/...OJjfzzKf_1vo9A
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?