Page 936 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 4368368869269349359369379389469861036 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,360 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    That's what they said, but as someone who was there, I'm pretty skeptical. I scanned two just for me, since my mother-in-law bailed on the trip due to weather

Lots of empty seats across the way, and not a lot of noise ...
    Oh its a farcry from ten years ago in terms of noise and energy. I'd think 18k tops. Tough to tell, people are in and out of their seats more now.
    College of Business Alumnus

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    cuz daddy daycare just wants 1998 ndsu und to live on forever
    Not true. Just hear to tell you a G5 football conference isn't much of an upgrade. I mean you even claim all over the world that NDSU would walk in and dominate from the start. Where's the excitement in that? Seems familiar to me.

Sometimes reality is a real bitch.

Hey, you told me it was going to be absolutely "lit" in the dome Saturday night, but it was ISU dead in there

I guess NDSU fans don’t really care about und, and und fans don’t really care about FB

You must live on an island bro …

But enjoy your holiday weekend in Ogden. I hear its lovely there, especially with snow
    Crazy what happens when NDSU finally shows up for a game against a playoff team and the atmosphere gets deemed irrelevent. Only took the 2nd rival to bring out the best. See ya at the Montana tailgate 12/3.

the und game last week was valpo/Drake level of excitement we posted numerous blue seat pictures. my gawd stop trying to make FETCH happen

Montana in playoffs might be a good game attendance wise then Samford?

Mountain West vs Boise State or Wyoming easily fills the dome to the rafters .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Using the current AP top 25, I don't see NDSU beating USC on the road and then beating TCU who will be coming off a bye week.

in the CFP 12 team. #5 will play #12 then play #4 after their bye.

SO NDSU at #12 could easily beat a #5 and then #4 seed then we are the cinderella story and the talk of the sporting world!!

but you puds can enjoy playing at Terra Haute or Macomb FFS....
    It's OK to not be OK.

the und game last week was valpo/Drake level of excitement we posted numerous blue seat pictures. my gawd stop trying to make FETCH happen

Montana in playoffs might be a good game attendance wise then Samford?

Mountain West vs Boise State or Wyoming easily fills the dome to the rafters .
    First of all, I know the first sentence is false and the 2 Benchwarmers on the podcast with Volson last week made that quite clear. Would hate to hear it from people in the know, wouldn't you.

If it's hunting season/fall sports wrapping up and winter sports starting and there's nothing to play for (or as I said earlier, November)....I can guarantee you seats will be readily available. The Mountain West is what it is, especially when SDSU and Boise jet. In which case, the MWC won't need to worry about that 12 seed but holy hell the Little Ceasars bowl in Detroit might get lit!

The move to FBS could be the best recruiting effort SDSU, UND and St. Thomas ever receive.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    First of all, I know the first sentence is false and the 2 Benchwarmers on the podcast with Volson last week made that quite clear. Would hate to hear it from people in the know, wouldn't you.

If it's hunting season/fall sports wrapping up and winter sports starting and there's nothing to play for (or as I said earlier, November)....I can guarantee you seats will be readily available. The Mountain West is what it is, especially when SDSU and Boise jet. In which case, the MWC won't need to worry about that 12 seed but holy hell the Little Ceasars bowl in Detroit might get lit!

The move to FBS could be the best recruiting effort SDSU, UND and St. Thomas ever receive.
    There are many of us that were there last Saturday and have also been in attendance for many games over the past decade plus. Last Saturday’s attendance looked to me to be less than the SDSU game but definitely one of the better attended games in the past 5 years. The atmosphere was less than the SDSU game and definitely lacked some excitement compared to the SDSU game but that’s understandable given how the game played out. In my opinion even the SDSU game this year seemed less raucous than other “big” games that I’ve attended in the past. It was still a good environment, just not at the fevered pitch we used to see earlier in the title run. The first game that we took our kids to was the Coastal Carolina game in the 2014 playoffs. My son was 6 years old at the time and there were a couple times during that game where my wife had to take him out into the concourse because the noise was bothering him. It’s been very rare over the past 5 years when I have been in attendance where the noise/energy has been at that level. Last year at JMU was one of them. Just my perspective. Would be great to find a way to bring back that level of excitement more consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    There are many of us that were there last Saturday and have also been in attendance for many games over the past decade plus. Last Saturday’s attendance looked to me to be less than the SDSU game but definitely one of the better attended games in the past 5 years. The atmosphere was less than the SDSU game and definitely lacked some excitement compared to the SDSU game but that’s understandable given how the game played out. In my opinion even the SDSU game this year seemed less raucous than other “big” games that I’ve attended in the past. It was still a good environment, just not at the fevered pitch we used to see earlier in the title run. The first game that we took our kids to was the Coastal Carolina game in the 2014 playoffs. My son was 6 years old at the time and there were a couple times during that game where my wife had to take him out into the concourse because the noise was bothering him. It’s been very rare over the past 5 years when I have been in attendance where the noise/energy has been at that level. Last year at JMU was one of them. Just my perspective. Would be great to find a way to bring back that level of excitement more consistently.
    I'd say that first half of SDSU was as good as a regular season atmosphere has been for quite some time. Then the pin to the balloon happened. Playoffs is always a different animal. Chapo would never acknowledge UND for anything....petty, but we're all used to it.

When the FBS move does come, the electricity of those playoffs games will be gone. When Wyoming (or any G5 school) comes to town I have zero reason to stand up and scream on defense 50% of the game, and most of the crowd will feel the same. Which is fine....

Add to that...go MWC, schedule SDSU Jackrabbits at home the first game of the year. I know what'll draw the best crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Give me a list of the G5 offers the above schools beat out in the last 5 years

I think you're full of it

Give me a list of the G5 offers the above schools beat out in the last 5 years

I think you're full of it
    Will we be recruiting the same athletes? That ain't getting you to the top 12.