Page 712 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2126126627027107117127137147227628121212 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Of course not, but that's not what you said.
    taper said: If we do get a P3 instead of P5 it's because they want nothing to do with the peons(in their eyes). G5 and FCS are equally worthless to them.

I said that (last sentence) was spot-on.

And yes, to a P2 or P3 scenario, G5 and FCS are worthless to them. It is what I said.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    taper said: If we do get a P3 instead of P5 it's because they want nothing to do with the peons(in their eyes). G5 and FCS are equally worthless to them.

And yes, to a P2 or P3 scenario, G5 and FCS are worthless to them. It is what I said.
    Too add further explanation, if the P5 becomes the P2 or P3 then by definition some current P5 teams get left out. Why on earth do you think G5 or FCS teams would be considered over current P5 members?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post

G5 > FCS whatever happens in realignment, excluding CUSA. That's just fact. Look at the preseason Sagarin

... and I could definitely see the P2 replacing their cup-cake FCS games with G5 games. That would certainly impact you

So FCS will likely become worthless to them, but G5 won't. Semantics

... and I could definitely see the P2 replacing their cup-cake FCS games with G5 games.
    And just as easily I could see the P2 going "insular schedule" and shutting everyone else out. They are veering toward creating the "Saturday NFL". Applications not taken, don't call us we'll call you.

That's just fact. Look at the preseason Sagarin
    You actually think anything but money matters right now.

UW/UO/Cali-Stan are hanging in the wind because they can't bring at least current share slice to the B1G revenue pie. Until they can, or choose to take a reduced cut, they stay in the wind.

Yes, maybe its 3/2 not 2/3, who knows, but it will be really tough for all programs currently in the P5 to compete with B1G and SEC

But there's no way even the P2 sees the G5 as FCS. That's just bullshit being peddled by the guy "swinging from Snorty's nuts" ...
    Semantics is a good word. It is simply semantics. BUT…

Snorty’s nuts don’t swing.

They Drag.

I find it very difficult to believe a good/solid G5 conference would want to add a University that doesn't geographically fit, has declining enrollment, and is in a low population area. We can fix one of these things but I'm not sure how to when highschoolers in the largest population center near NDSU probably don't think there is any difference between us and say Minnesota State or St. Cloud State.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    I find it very difficult to believe a good/solid G5 conference would want to add a University that doesn't geographically fit, has declining enrollment, and is in a low population area. We can fix one of these things but I'm not sure how to when highschoolers in the largest population center near NDSU probably don't think there is any difference between us and say Minnesota State or St. Cloud State.
    As someone who actively recruits high schoolers to come to NDSU, I can tell you that the last statement is certainly not true. They know NDSU is R1 and it matters to them

Sit tight on the enrollment question …

and as ML said himself, geography isn't as big an issue as it used to be

I don't think FOX sports wold have tweeted what they did if NDSU wasn't under active consideration for membership in a good FBS conference.

That's good to know, still their enrollment is higher. I have no idea if the admission standards are anywhere close to the same.

Geography isn't as big of a factor, but, it is something that an AD or U President can point at as a negative if they are against NDSU joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    That's good to know, still their enrollment is higher. I have no idea if the admission standards are anywhere close to the same.

Geography isn't as big of a factor, but, it is something that an AD or U President can point at as a negative if they are against NDSU joining.
    Some of the enrollment issue is on the NDUS for having so many schools, but NDSU is in a different niche (no offense to those schools)

A lot of the kids I talk to are specifically looking for an alternative to the U because of its setting, but not always. I recently talked to a kid from central MN who had NDSU, Wisconsin, and Iowa State as his final three