Page 707 of 835 FirstFirst ... 207607657697705706707708709717757807 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,070 of 8349

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

  1. #7061
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    33,049

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lol ohh big Mr. Contract Man, I’m pretty young but I doubt you want to go there. I’ll just say I didn’t move to Dallas for the superior farmland.

    How is stating your interest desperation? It has worked for majority of recent FBS move ups that I can think of. Again I contend the opposite, it shows potential suitors that you are interested in making a move sooner not later and you aren’t going to be sitting around forever waiting for them. No instead we say things like “Golly gee if you call I’ll answer the phone”.
    Everybody in the college football world know who NDSU is and its aspirations. Why make an announcement when they already know?

    But lets be honest. Fact is making an announcement doesnt show initiative. It just mollifies some people in the fan base who want to hear it..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

    "The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

  2. #7062
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    429

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    that East Coast arrogance, along with Hoople-ites that think Frisco Texas in January is the best thing in sports history or being a big fish in a small pond.
    it's time to start kicking down some fucking doors, enough! GO Public with your desire to be FBS and that you actively openly are looking for an invite.

    what are they afraid of? making the MVFC mad or FCS? NDSU has literally subsidized these 2 and their programs. WE don't owe them anything at this point, they are nothing without NDSU

    whats the worse case scenario in taking this approach? zero, the FCS and MVFC literally had programs QUIT 2 years ago.
    Letís be real. Itís not like it is a secret NDSU has been building for the FBS. FBS conferences know we are ready to make the move. None of them need us yet at this point so why share revenue with a whole other school with the increased travel for the conference.

  3. #7063
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    429

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    They ain't even smart enough to let a few fbs teams win a game.
    Maybe we do need to start losing a couple FBS games so we can get one scheduled every year, play our second and third stringers the whole game, hell we still might win. Is that what it really takes to get an invite?

  4. #7064
    NDSU92 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    4,027

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Everybody in the college football world know who NDSU is and its aspirations. Why make an announcement when they already know?
    1) To retain the interest of a waning fan base
    2) The ability to bring newfound attention to the program
    3) Introduce the stakeholders of other conferences to NDSU that otherwise know us as just that one school that wins so many FCS championships
    4) To show determination and commitment to make the jump and to do so successfully

    Just a few that pop into my head
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*


  5. #7065
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    33,049

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    1) To retain the interest of a waning fan base
    2) The ability to bring newfound attention to the program
    3) Introduce the stakeholders of other conferences to NDSU that otherwise know us as just that one school that wins so many FCS championships
    4) To show determination and commitment to make the jump and to do so successfully

    Just a few that pop into my head
    Looks like a power point presentation.
    1 yep it would give some who need that affirmation.
    2-4 ??? Sounds good but in reality? It just sounds good. IMO of course

    Fact is not one thing from 1-4 will facilitate a move to FBS.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 08-19-2022 at 01:34 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

    "The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

  6. #7066
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    479

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Looks like a power point presentation.
    1 yep it would give some who need that affirmation.
    2-4 ??? Sounds good but in reality? It just sounds good. IMO of course

    Fact is not one thing from 1-4 will facilitate a move to FBS.
    There's a possibility it backfires a bit also if there isn't an opening for a couple more years. Fans could get upset/dejected that we publicly say we want to move, but can't. And it also seems like a house that stays on the market too long in that case. Conference mates can also get resentful about this type of thing.

    I'm not aware of many schools that talk about it until they are already deep in negotiations and stuff is leaking out.

  7. #7067
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,003

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    No, not even remotely a strawman. I really don't think you and yours know what that means. The SBoHE is just one of many possible outcomes. I've never said they are blocking us, only that they could if they want and if they did we'll probably never know.
    OK, well let's see some evidence that the SBoHE wants UND going with us, or that they are somehow preventing us from going. I've never heard a peep about that, so put up some proof. You sure seem to toss out of a lot of shit and hope something sticks.

    Yea, the state board could block us, yes, and if pigs had wings they COULD fly too if they wanted.

    FBS OR BUST
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6

  8. #7068
    NDSU92 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    4,027

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Looks like a power point presentation.
    1 yep it would give some who need that affirmation.
    2-4 ??? Sounds good but in reality? It just sounds good. IMO of course

    Fact is not one thing from 1-4 will facilitate a move to FBS.
    I’m glad you think they sound good. I think they sound good too. None on their own get us to FBS, neither does just building nice facilities and then sticking our thumbs up our bums. All part of a concise vision for the future of the athletic department.

    Y’all are right though, the job security play is to play politic and say a lot without saying much at all. No less frustrating for the stakeholders though.

    It’s unfortunate that you think that all wanting FBS want it only to satisfy their own ego. I guess I could turn it around and say anyone not fully on board with FBS is just an old kook afraid of change. Wouldn’t bring us any closer to understanding each other’s opinions though. Besides a certain unbearable poster I believe that everyone here just wants best for our school.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*


  9. #7069
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    33,049

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I’m glad you think they sound good. I think they sound good too. None on their own get us to FBS, neither does just building nice facilities and then sticking our thumbs up our bums. All part of a concise vision for the future of the athletic department.

    Y’all are right though, the job security play is to play politic and say a lot without saying much at all. No less frustrating for the stakeholders though.

    It’s unfortunate that you think that all wanting FBS want it only to satisfy their own ego. I guess I could turn it around and say anyone not fully on board with FBS is just an old kook afraid of change. Wouldn’t bring us any closer to understanding each other’s opinions though. Besides a certain poster I believe that everyone here just wants best for our school.
    You would be wrong in that assumption. There are only a select few who wear the penis envy badge.

    As far as whats best for NDSU, that has always been my premise on making a move up from day one. If NDSU thinks a move up to FBS is best for the program AND NDSU then I will be 100% behind the move. I have posted that numerous times .

    As a stakeholder Im not frustrated at all. I know they are working on it and have been for awhile. I understand the challenges. But when it happens it will happen.
    Im just enjoying watching history being made eveytime they take the field. Nobody has done what NDSU has accomplished.

    We are more on the same page than what you think.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

    "The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

  10. #7070
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    857

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    OK, well let's see some evidence that the SBoHE wants UND going with us, or that they are somehow preventing us from going. I've never heard a peep about that, so put up some proof. You sure seem to toss out of a lot of shit and hope something sticks.

    Yea, the state board could block us, yes, and if pigs had wings they COULD fly too if they wanted.
    I have no evidence, nor have I ever said that I do. It's just one of many possibilities and I've never said otherwise. This whole thread is speculation about a move, talking about what's stopping us is just as valid as reasons we should go.

    Why are you so defensive about this?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •