Page 706 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 2066066566967047057067077087167568061206 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,060 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

https://youtu.be/3hmpvQ-NrbY

This reminds me of NDSU going D1.

I don’t think FBS is as much a mystery.

Chubs stay on und thread we need you there. or go stalk kevin
    we got this 1 covered.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's pretty obvious who in this thread has never even sat in on a contract negotiation. The last thing you want to do is appear desperate. There's a lot of speculation on a lot of things, but I am very confident in saying everybody that matters knows NDSU has an FBS caliber football team. We don't need to go shouting that from the rooftops.

As I've said before, there's a possibility the SBoHE quietly told our Pres/AD that we can't go FBS without UND. They have that power and it wouldn't be the first time they've held us back. If that did happen, we're SOL and there's nothing any of us can do about it. As much as we hate UND, from a neutral perspective keeping the 2 largest peer universities in the state peers IS a good thing that the SBoHE can justify doing.

To close this up, I very much doubt our Pres/AD have just been sitting on their hands watching the world go by for the last 10-15 years. I absolutely believe a regional partner is required to successfully go FBS, and if they can't find one we don't have a lot of other options.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    It's pretty obvious who in this thread has never even sat in on a contract negotiation. The last thing you want to do is appear desperate. There's a lot of speculation on a lot of things, but I am very confident in saying everybody that matters knows NDSU has an FBS caliber football team. We don't need to go shouting that from the rooftops.

As I've said before, there's a possibility the SBoHE quietly told our Pres/AD that we can't go FBS without UND. They have that power and it wouldn't be the first time they've held us back. If that did happen, we're SOL and there's nothing any of us can do about it. As much as we hate UND, from a neutral perspective keeping the 2 largest peer universities in the state peers IS a good thing that the SBoHE can justify doing.

To close this up, I very much doubt our Pres/AD have just been sitting on their hands watching the world go by for the last 10-15 years. I absolutely believe a regional partner is required to successfully go FBS, and if they can't find one we don't have a lot of other options.
    Agree with everything but the bolded. Think you're way off there. They already have to subsidize them to be at the same level as us. No way they would take that to an even higher level. That would be a very "un" North Dakota thing to do.

It's just common sense that a state of 800k can't support 2 FBS programs. Pretty sure Bismarck knows this

So that's your new strawman argument. We can't go without und. LMFAO. Trust me, the board doesn't give a shit about what we do in sports, and if they did they'd come out publicly. You sure come up with some doozies.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I agree that it's easy for me to sit here and speculate what I would do if I had the royal scepter. I understand to your points about GF and Bismarck. Although if they aren't on board that it's in our future it may be a good time to give them a reality check.

As far as growing the program. I would argue that there hasn't been a football program more ready to go FBS in the last 26 years. If anything, we're probably 6-8 years overdue at this point as far as "program readiness" goes. Outside of the amazing job we've done with facilities, what else have we done to grow our other sports?

I'll play along though, with all our bright and shiny new facilities, why not take the time to make sure the FBS spotlight gets shown on them? I just think we really have nothing to lose by showing a bit of initiative here.
    I see youre getting desperate and frustrated again. But dont be disingenuous with the initiative BS. You dont know whats going on behind the scenes just like most didnt know there were things going on at the end of Deans tenure. It just didnt work out.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So that's your new strawman argument. We can't go without und. LMFAO. Trust me, the board doesn't give a shit about what we do in sports, and if they did they'd come out publicly. You sure come up with some doozies.
    No, not even remotely a strawman. I really don't think you and yours know what that means. The SBoHE is just one of many possible outcomes. I've never said they are blocking us, only that they could if they want and if they did we'll probably never know.

Lol ohh big Mr. Contract Man, I’m pretty young but I doubt you want to go there. I’ll just say I didn’t move to Dallas for the superior farmland.

How is stating your interest desperation? It has worked for majority of recent FBS move ups that I can think of. Again I contend the opposite, it shows potential suitors that you are interested in making a move sooner not later and you aren’t going to be sitting around forever waiting for them. No instead we say things like “Golly gee if you call I’ll answer the phone”.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lol ohh big Mr. Contract Man, I’m pretty young but I doubt you want to go there. I’ll just say I didn’t move to Dallas for the superior farmland.

How is stating your interest desperation? It has worked for majority of recent FBS move ups that I can think of. Again I contend the opposite, it shows potential suitors that you are interested in making a move sooner not later and you aren’t going to be sitting around forever waiting for them. No instead we say things like “Golly gee if you call I’ll answer the phone”.
    Most of the recent G5 FBS move have been desperate moves. We don’t want to move into a desperate conference. We want a conference that wants us for what we offer not because they just need another team.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I see youre getting desperate and frustrated again. But dont be disingenuous with the initiative BS. You dont know whats going on behind the scenes just like most didnt know there were things going on at the end of Deans tenure. It just didnt work out.
    I’ve been frustrated since the onset of “NDSU belongs at the second level of football, whatever that looks like” asshattery. I’ve been desperate since the one school who’s shown they’re not going to get punked every year we meet in Frisco left for greener pastures.

Although we continue to build great facilities, we have publicly shown no initiative that it’s about moving into a superior conference. Hence the frustration shown here. Prove me wrong PL. Where have we shown this initiative?

That’s the problem with being head of such a large public organization. You are responsible for not only the success of the organization but also keeping the support of the stakeholders. And our season ticket holders are starting to vote with their feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*