Page 705 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 2056056556957037047057067077157558051205 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about
    Agreed.

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Some people will never be satisfied. Look at the Rodgers WR “controversy”. He gave us what we say we want and look what it turns into.
    What I and most others want is a public announcement that we are being proactive and that we are interested. Very similar to what JMU did. "I'm here to pick up the phone" is far, far from that...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What I and most others want is a public announcement that we are being proactive and that we are interested. Very similar to what JMU did. "I'm here to pick up the phone" is far, far from that...
    I just read a story from FBS sports that said JMU had an opportunity to move up a decade ago but opted to defer and continue to build the athletic department and other programs in addition to football. We’ve been DI playoff eligible for 14 years. Maybe we still have some building to do before we’re ready to say that we’re actively seeking an invitation. Also, if I recall correctly their football coach left the program in the wake of that announcement, so maybe there are internal reason why we don’t want to make a public proclamation without being quite certain that we’re going to be able to execute on it. Perhaps there are considerations related to Bismarck and GF as well that it makes no sense antagonizing without immediate benefit. I don’t know it’s all just a bunch of armchair speculation and ultimately it isn’t the job of the athletic director or the university president to care overly much about what I would prefer to hear them say in public. It’s there job to do what’s in the best interest of the department and the University.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    that East Coast arrogance, along with Hoople-ites that think Frisco Texas in January is the best thing in sports history or being a big fish in a small pond.
    it's time to start kicking down some fucking doors, enough! GO Public with your desire to be FBS and that you actively openly are looking for an invite.

what are they afraid of? making the MVFC mad or FCS? NDSU has literally subsidized these 2 and their programs. WE don't owe them anything at this point, they are nothing without NDSU

whats the worse case scenario in taking this approach? zero, the FCS and MVFC literally had programs QUIT 2 years ago.
    It's like waiting for the hottest girl in school to call you for a date and you make it known you aren't calling here.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I just read a story from FBS sports that said JMU had an opportunity to move up a decade ago but opted to defer and continue to build the athletic department and other programs in addition to football. We’ve been DI playoff eligible for 14 years. Maybe we still have some building to do before we’re ready to say that we’re actively seeking an invitation. Also, if I recall correctly their football coach left the program in the wake of that announcement, so maybe there are internal reason why we don’t want to make a public proclamation without being quite certain that we’re going to be able to execute on it. Perhaps there are considerations related to Bismarck and GF as well that it makes no sense antagonizing without immediate benefit. I don’t know it’s all just a bunch of armchair speculation and ultimately it isn’t the job of the athletic director or the university president to care overly much about what I would prefer to hear them say in public. It’s there job to do what’s in the best interest of the department and the University.
    The athletic department should have had the vision to not put such a quality product out on the field so fast. They should have eased into the winning or done less of it like jmu. I blame Matt Larson.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

They ain't even smart enough to let a few fbs teams win a game.

Lardsin must go!

I agree that it's easy for me to sit here and speculate what I would do if I had the royal scepter. I understand to your points about GF and Bismarck. Although if they aren't on board that it's in our future it may be a good time to give them a reality check.

As far as growing the program. I would argue that there hasn't been a football program more ready to go FBS in the last 26 years. If anything, we're probably 6-8 years overdue at this point as far as "program readiness" goes. Outside of the amazing job we've done with facilities, what else have we done to grow our other sports?

I'll play along though, with all our bright and shiny new facilities, why not take the time to make sure the FBS spotlight gets shown on them? I just think we really have nothing to lose by showing a bit of initiative here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A public announcement could potential piss off a large chunk of older fans with deep pockets.

That being said, whenever the hammer drops I'm gonna miss this thread.

haha wut?

150-12 9 titles 16 NFL players FBS Facilities & huge fanbase.. shut up. who gives a F what Bismarck or Stink Forks says. we've got nothing from them in this dynasty, in fact they BOTH owe us for the attention we've given the state of ND nationally.
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 08-18-2022 at 11:06 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    haha wut?

150-12 9 titles 16 NFL players FBS Facilities & huge fanbase.. shut up
    What are you. An accountant?