Page 25 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735751255251025 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

[QUOTE=El_Chapo;927618]Strongman absolutely! !

Ok el_chapo research shows 30,000 for $75 million. .... it looks awesome. That's all we need

Hell 40,000 for. $100 million. If NDSU started fundraising tomorrow and advertised it with a big thermometer showing the fundraising status outside the SHAC.. we could hit it in 1 year

Yeah, that's right, my bad. I forgot how quick and easy it was to raise that $18 million for the BSA renovation. $100 million should be no problem!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flow 2-3-4-5 View Post
    Good for GSU, glad they are doing well because I like their program. But if you think a playoff selection committee would select a non P5 school for a 20 team playoff field you are delusional. There would be no Cinderella teams in March Madness if it was only a 20 team tournament. The big boys aren't going to share. Why do you think they decided to set their own rules?

The current playoff system makes all teams eligible for the playoffs. They won't change that because to do so would be illegal--a violation of federal antitrust law.

Your statement is simply not true. Even if they don't have automatic bids to non Big Five teams. There are always 2 to 4 teams in the top 20 that are not in the Big 5. Currently, there are two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    The current playoff system makes all teams eligible for the playoffs. They won't change that because to do so would be illegal--a violation of federal antitrust law.

Your statement is simply not true. Even if they don't have automatic bids to non Big Five teams. There are always 2 to 4 teams in the top 20 that are not in the Big 5. Currently, there are two teams.
    You keep beating that drum.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

[QUOTE=Flow 2-3-4-5;927625]
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Strongman absolutely! !

Ok el_chapo research shows 30,000 for $75 million. .... it looks awesome. That's all we need

Hell 40,000 for. $100 million. If NDSU started fundraising tomorrow and advertised it with a big thermometer showing the fundraising status outside the SHAC.. we could hit it in 1 year

Yeah, that's right, my bad. I forgot how quick and easy it was to raise that $18 million for the BSA renovation. $100 million should be no problem!

Raising $100 million for football would be 100 times easier than $40 million for basketball. You are kidding right? Football is king fool
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Being eligible and being selected are two different things me boy! If a team isn't in one of the P5 conferences the latter ain't happenin.

At 4 teams correct. At 16 or 20 teams incorrect.

At 4 teams correct. At 16 or 20 teams incorrect.
    So this is a fact?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Flow 2-3-4-5 View Post
    Good for GSU, glad they are doing well because I like their program. But if you think a playoff selection committee would select a non P5 school for a 20 team playoff field you are delusional. There would be no Cinderella teams in March Madness if it was only a 20 team tournament. The big boys aren't going to share. Why do you think they decided to set their own rules?

Default A new and better FBS thread

Georgia Southern would have to get a waiver approved if there weren't enough teams. But as far as I can tell, teams in similar situations with bowl eligible records have always had their waiver denied.
    Last edited by bisonpride4ever; 10-12-2014 at 08:32 AM.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We'll all be dead by the time the playoffs expand to 20 teams.