Page 843 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3437437938338418428438448458538939431343 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,430 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default A new and better FBS thread

[The Washington Post] JMU moved to the top level of college football. It hasn’t stopped winning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-football-fbs/

“One of our recruiting pitches was: There’s only five places in the country you can compete for a national championship year-in and year-out,” Cignetti said. “Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, North Dakota State — and JMU.”

My Washington Post subscription allows me to share access to great journalism. Check out this gift article, at no cost to you: James Madison is now rubbing elbows with college football’s most successful programs, bringing both unbridled optimism and unabashedly brash goals. https://wapo.st/3rlX6bW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Now you're getting it.

You said NDSU needs to add $5M day 1 and they don't need to increase giving if there is revenue to offset it.

The math shows that only a little over $2-3 million (at this point in time) would be coming from the conference and media payouts.

So where does the $2M+ difference in the increase in annual baseline revenues come from if not from increased donations (which the outgoing president is on record saying he feels is almost tapped out)?
    Do you really think it is realistic that if NDSU was invited to the MWC (which would likely assume that some of its bigger schools are gone) that somehow a new media contract is going to increase that much to cover that?
    Lol I’m going to stop responding because you’re either just trolling or you’re trying to have a conversation but are unable to read. I didn’t say we needed $5M day one. What I said was that we’d be looking at that on day one. NDSU’s first year in the MW our revenue would be up $5M compared to where it is today. The majority of it coming from conference revenue which you so helpfully calculated for us.

Hell we’d probably get close to the rest of the way there just from getting yearly (hopefully multiple) P5 games.

But like I said I’m probably done with this debate. I’m going to be optimistic and you’re going to continue praying NDSU doesn’t leave UND in the dust. Not like we’re going to convince the other to change their mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Me too. And we’re not alone.
    There certainly are a lot of us with that thinking
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

It isn’t a question if NDSU can afford FBS, it a question which conference let’s us in. MAC, MWC and a FBS MCFC are our only feasible possibilities. None are imminent unfortunately but it will happen eventually….. just got to be patient and not burn out our fan base with high hopes of FBS now or never talk! FCS will just have to do until it all works out

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    It isn’t a question if NDSU can afford FBS, it a question which conference let’s us in. MAC, MWC and a FBS MCFC are our only feasible possibilities. None are imminent unfortunately but it will happen eventually….. just got to be patient and not burn out our fan base with high hopes of FBS now or never talk! FCS will just have to do until it all works out
    See, I feel differently. FCS isn’t enough. I just hope we don’t lose too much before we’re able to reach FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Now you're getting it.

You said NDSU needs to add $5M day 1 and they don't need to increase giving if there is revenue to offset it.

The math shows that only a little over $2-3 million (at this point in time) would be coming from the conference and media payouts.

So where does the $2M+ difference in the increase in annual baseline revenues come from if not from increased donations (which the outgoing president is on record saying he feels is almost tapped out)?
    Do you really think it is realistic that if NDSU was invited to the MWC (which would likely assume that some of its bigger schools are gone) that somehow a new media contract is going to increase that much to cover that?
    The fact that you are so against NDSU going FBS is reason number one to do it.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    See, I feel differently. FCS isn’t enough. I just hope we don’t lose too much before we’re able to reach FBS.
    No just be patient and don’t burn people out with FBS talk

Lol
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    There certainly are a lot of us with that thinking
    I can name 50-100 fans that would be back & donating in a heartbeat IF NDSU was FBS. they won't donate at fcs level and I agree with them

and the ndsu admin should be fired if they can't recognize & realize that NDSU has plateaud... we can't do ANY better in fcs than 152 -13 9 titles for fu<KS sake.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I can name 50-100 fans that would be back & donating in a heartbeat IF NDSU was FBS. they won't donate at fcs level and I agree with them

and the ndsu admin should be fired if they can't recognize & realize that NDSU has plateaud... we can't do ANY better in fcs than 152 -13 9 titles for fu<KS sake.
    You’re not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    No just be patient and don’t burn people out with FBS talk

Lol
    If I don’t tell my wife there’s anything better than she’ll believe me that Applebees is great��