Page 540 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 404404905305385395405415425505906401040 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Providence lost 5 games this season. 2 of them to Villanova who is a #2 seed. Creighton in the B1G tournament 2 weeks after they beat them. Marquette who is a tournament at large team. And Virginia who is good but not great early in the season. They beat Wisconsin, Northwestern, St. Peters(!), Texas Tech and Vermont, all tournament teams in the non-conference. And SDSU played with them outside of the last few minutes of the first half. It sounds like Providence played a different style then they normally play to slow down the high scoring offense of SDSU. Thanks to the Richmond upset of Iowa they have a good shot at Sweet 16. That does involve some luck. But Richmond won't be an easy out either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Who cares. Providence won. SDSU will go back to being a nobody in the ranks of MCBB. It doesn't matter that the Slummit is a weak conference. It doesn't matter where Providence is ranked in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't matter if it was a close game or a blowout. Here are the takeaways from the game yesterday.

1. SDSU still doesn't have a tourney win
    2. SDSU didn't make any money for the rest of the Slummit

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Who cares. Providence won. SDSU will go back to being a nobody in the ranks of MCBB. It doesn't matter that the Slummit is a weak conference. It doesn't matter where Providence is ranked in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't matter if it was a close game or a blowout. Here are the takeaways from the game yesterday.

1. SDSU still doesn't have a tourney win
    2. SDSU didn't make any money for the rest of the Slummit

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    As a reminder this conversation is in the context of this post from Chapo. His first point - SDSU lost big. That is not true. It was a 9-point final but it was a 3-point game with 30 seconds left and SDSU was about to get a stop when they fouled a 3-point shooter at the shot clock buzzer. His next point is this "blowout" reminds us how bad the Summit is. Even a 9-point loss to a top 15/30 team is not evidence of how bad the conference is. That would be a true statement if they lost by 30 like MSU is about to do.

It's just another example of Chapo using hyperbole to support his point. Saying the Bison would be a better situation if they were in the MWC for basketball is an absolutely valid. Pointing out they had 4 teams legitimately make the tournament is a very good example to prove the point. All 4 teams lost already, but 3 of them were in tight matchups in the 8-12 seed range.

Some people may like message board discussions with someone who screams and yells a lot because it adds energy. I find them exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    watching sdsu lose big, it reminds me how bad summit league is.
    Going ALL SPORTS to FBS would help our Basketball program so so much. argh

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    As a reminder this conversation is in the context of this post from Chapo. His first point - SDSU lost big. That is not true. It was a 9-point final but it was a 3-point game with 30 seconds left and SDSU was about to get a stop when they fouled a 3-point shooter at the shot clock buzzer. His next point is this "blowout" reminds us how bad the Summit is. Even a 9-point loss to a top 15/30 team is not evidence of how bad the conference is. That would be a true statement if they lost by 30 like MSU is about to do.

It's just another example of Chapo using hyperbole to support his point. Saying the Bison would be a better situation if they were in the MWC for basketball is an absolutely valid. Pointing out they had 4 teams legitimately make the tournament is a very good example to prove the point. All 4 teams lost already, but 3 of them were in tight matchups in the 8-12 seed range.

Some people may like message board discussions with someone who screams and yells a lot because it adds energy. I find them exhausting.
    I was on our light rail train system the other day. I had my ear buds in and was minding my own business when my eye caught focus on the old man sitting directly opposite of me facing my direction. I luckily had missed the moment when he retrieved the booger that was currently on his right middle finger but by the time I noticed him, he was struggling to fling it off. He kept rolling and trying to flick but it hung on like my chihuahua on my lower leg. Roll, flick....roll, flick....roll, flick.....this went on for 2 stops before he finally liberated that finger. He was clearly relieved and then started picking at his ears. Unfortunately, he didn't see that he flung it onto his pants.

This is how I feel about Lakes.
    Insert something clever here...

Indy doesn't get the bit...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Indy got the bit and added interesting discussion

In your eagerness to put someone down, you just can’t admit you got caught being wrong again

I was making fun of sdsu. you guys are such simpletons sometimes.

I was making fun of sdsu. you guys are such simpletons sometimes.
    You don't even get your own schtick. You are constantly critical of the Bison still being in the Summit and FCS. Then you make a factually incorrect statement (SDSU got killed) to make a point of how bad the Summit is. When confronted on it you note say you were making fun of SDSU?!? That is not at all what you said no matter how you want to twist it.

If you haven't seen Inventing Anna yet I highly recommend it. When she's confronted with situations she lied about she instantly starts to insult the people confronting her by calling them stupid or simpletons.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Probably the main reason you hardly ever see Sambini,
    Wacker in the Hall, Mr. Burgandy and Roadwarrior on
    here anymore. Tired of the same old same old from
    Chapo. Really gets old.

haha. I was dunking on sdsu saying they got blown out (down by 14). you guys are the problem. no one wants to explain things to nerds

Burgundy is too good of friends w coaches to post, we respect that

samb/Wacker? maybe they want FBS & a better basketball program too

Road is the smartest one in here.

go enjoy your weekend. I am.

haha. I was dunking on sdsu saying they got blown out (down by 14). you guys are the problem. no one wants to explain things to nerds

Burgundy is too good of friends w coaches to post, we respect that

samb/Wacker? maybe they want FBS & a better basketball program too

Road is the smartest one in here.

go enjoy your weekend. I am.
    Yet another insult.