Page 250 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1502002402482492502512522603003507501250 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Drop to 16 teams. Eliminate Thanksgiving weekend games. Seed all teams and no more regionalization.
    Not happening. With 10 autobids NCAA rules require a Field of at least 20.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Not happening. With 10 autobids NCAA rules require a Field of at least 20.
    Remove autobids from non scholly conferences and change stupid rules.

New stadium and a visiting Boise State couldn't get butts into seats this past weekend at Fort Collins.

Attendance isn't just a FCS problem.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    psh. I was asked a dozen or so times with my NDSU hat on at Gophers weekend. "why the hell isnt NDSU FBS and Dominating somewhere"

if you are FBS you're viewed as a bigger program. period.
    Were these people telling you ndsu should go fbs the same people who weren't cheering on 1st and second down while the goophs was on defense? And if so did it ever cross your mind that maybe they don't know what the hell they're talking about? Im moving on now. Playoffs baby. Go Bison!

Lardsin must go!

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No way, I like watching San Diego plow through the Big Sky in the playoffs. It was unfortunate that they were in NDSU's bracket those two years, would have been fun to see how far they would have gone in another bracket. I was hoping they'd pull it off against UNI this year, to heck with conference pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    New stadium and a visiting Boise State couldn't get butts into seats this past weekend at Fort Collins.

True. But Colorado State is 4-8. SEMO is a playoff team. If CSU were playing for a MWC divisional title, or anything else meaningful, they'd have more in attendance. So what's SEMO's excuse, other than that their own students and alums find nothing interesting about FCS?
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

You mean people don't want to show up to a lame duck coaches last game after what has been a horrendously bad season with nothing but boring and badly coached football to watch? For reference to a very similar scenario, please visit this thread. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Ground/page82

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    True. But Colorado State is 4-8. SEMO is a playoff team. If CSU were playing for a MWC divisional title, or anything else meaningful, they'd have more in attendance. So what's SEMO's excuse, other than that their own students and alums find nothing interesting about FCS?
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    You mean people don't want to show up to a lame duck coaches last game after what has been a horrendously bad season with nothing but boring and badly coached football to watch? For reference to a very similar scenario, please visit this thread. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Ground/page82
    No, this isn't just about FCS playoffs and your guys' issue with being bored with Bison success. It's also about the what is seen every week at probably most G5 schools. All the talk about moving up and getting a new stadium isn't going to make you guys any happier if you're bored now with greatness. I see this with both G5 schools in my area.
    Hail the BISON!!!

But are those G5 schools in your area successful? I think we would sustain fan interest in the G5 much like Boise or Appalachian State. And I sincerely think we would be a really good team year in and year out. By the way, I’m not trying to be argumentative. I think you have a very good point about fan support in many G5 schools. Even in some power five schools, it’s a problem. But it tends not to be a problem at successful FBS schools, while at the FCS level, even successful schools garner little interest, with 2 or 3 schools being the exception.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

As a fan of NDSU basketball, I am all for letting conference champions into the post-season playoffs, even if they don't have a chance to win the title.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.