Page 1098 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 985989981048108810961097109810991100110811481198 ... LastLast
Results 10,971 to 10,980 of 13487

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    So you tell me … Did the B1G want to add USC/UCLA for their Olympic sports?

They did it for FB, and the rest of the show must now fly all over the country because of chasing FB $$. This from the top bastions of higher learning, who rake in millions in federal grants touting buzz words like “green” and “sustainability” …

Giving the NCAA credit for anything is premature, given the tenure of the previous admin

There has to be a better way to do this
    Funny when “green” was a buzz word for something else it wasn’t a problem. Also, no mention of the oodles of money these same institutions get from the department of defense. Gotta wonder if you’re hating on the player or the game?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Funny when “green” was a buzz word for something else it wasn’t a problem. Also, no mention of the oodles of money these same institutions get from the department of defense. Gotta wonder if you’re hating on the player or the game?
    Huh?
    Not hating on anybody. Well ... there's one exception ...

Just pointing out the obvious here
    There's no logic involved, just cash. System needs some guard rails

They did it for FB, and the rest of the show must now fly all over the country because of chasing FB $$. This from the top bastions of higher learning, who rake in millions in federal grants touting buzz words like “green” and “sustainability” …
    You spotlight the hypocrisy well.

Huh?
    Not hating on anybody. Well ... there's one exception ...
    I love you too.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I love you too.
    Was talking about the bunnies bro, our one true rival
    so yeah, no hard feelings
    you just don’t get to have everything NDSU has … sorry but it’s only fair

But back on topic, I have no problem “green” and “sustainability”
    I just don’t see why all the other sports should have to suffer travel just for FB $$

Why would it be that hard to have both B1G and “B1G FB” as conferences, that might not look the same in make-up?

The whole MVC/MVFC thing seems to be working out OK to me. Not a fan of Summit FB

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was talking about the bunnies bro, our one true rival
    so yeah, no hard feelings
    you just don’t get to have everything NDSU has … sorry but it’s only fair

But back on topic, I have no problem “green” and “sustainability”
    I just don’t see why all the other sports should have to suffer travel just for FB $$

Why would it be that hard to have both B1G and “B1G FB” as conferences, that might not look the same in make-up?

The whole MVC/MVFC thing seems to be working out OK to me. Not a fan of Summit FB
    To be clear, I’m not saying it doesn’t make sense to do this, just that the NCAA doesn’t currently permit it, and it doesn’t look like that will change very quickly.

Some of the NCAA legislative changes are actually going the other direction, and they are “raising the standards” of FBS by requiring more support for other programs in a way that raise the costs further. Reading between the lines, I think they are trying to create more cost barriers to teams moving to FBS.

F SDSU. NDSU goes FBS alone

F hockey F Fenton F all of this.

SHIT OR LOSE THE FANBASE STONY BROOK!! (YOUVE ALREADY LOST THE MOMENTUM BY NOT GOING ALRWADY !!)

have a good weekend everyone
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Was talking about the bunnies bro, ...
    Was thinking you meant poster not school. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    To be clear, I’m not saying it doesn’t make sense to do this, just that the NCAA doesn’t currently permit it, and it doesn’t look like that will change very quickly.

Some of the NCAA legislative changes are actually going the other direction, and they are “raising the standards” of FBS by requiring more support for other programs in a way that raise the costs further. Reading between the lines, I think they are trying to create more cost barriers to teams moving to FBS.
    The momentum in the NCAA right now is against single-sport conferences. (Right now single-sport conferences are not allowed to introduce legislation or so I've been told. Paging Hammersmith ... )

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    SHIT OR LOSE THE FANBASE STONY BROOK!! (YOUVE ALREADY LOST THE MOMENTUM BY NOT GOING ALRWADY !!)

have a good weekend everyone
    I'd guess your StonyB is working behind the scenes with Fenton to figure out:
    - how to move given the Summit has a men's soccer issue that could affect the BB autobid, and
    - what the MVC is up to now that the Dakota 4 are now a guaranteed minority voting block in the MVFC.

That the Dak4 are now an entrenched minority also tells me who PattyV is beholden to (and it ain't Fenton and the Summit).

Have a good weekend as well; be careful out there.