Page 1095 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 955959951045108510931094109510961097110511451195 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,950 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea flying to springfield missouri Youngstown ohio Murray St Tennessee or to tulsa oklahoma memphis tennessee oh man what a difference.
    I was speaking more of MWC. Those 9 or 10 pm Central game start times don't help the fans. I have first-hand knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Easy travel? AAC's closest is almost as far as our furthest in Summit/MVFC. Half the AAC can see salt water. Everything's a flight. Thinking we'd be a good fit for the AAC is one thing, but don't be this wrong about simple facts.
    The AAC will almost certainly break into 2 divisions. Maybe even 3. Your travel will be tough everywhere you go but if you are going to places in the same time zone, that is better. It is massively easier travel than the MW for you..

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Easy travel? AAC's closest is almost as far as our furthest in Summit/MVFC. Half the AAC can see salt water. Everything's a flight. Thinking we'd be a good fit for the AAC is one thing, but don't be this wrong about simple facts.
    You don't have any easy travel anywhere but the ACC will break into divisions and you would primarily play CST schools. Very few trips to the Atlantic Ocean. The same cannot be said about the MW..Those are long long trip across multiple time zones..Including one half way accross the Pacific Ocean.

Those are pretty simple basic facts..

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Which conference did Missouri State move up to?

I'm not saying NDSU needs to do a press conference or make a big deal of it like Lakes is saying, but I am pointing out I've noticed this type of talk and I don't think it's always after it's a done deal.
    Rumor reported on last year was MSU talked to the SBC and apparently wants in there.
    Doesn't seem to be going anywhere currently though. I don't think SBC is expanding.
    MSU hasn't been rumored to talk to anyone else since.

I suppose if PAC takes schools that cause a massive cascade down to SBC, then MAYBE it could happen.

In some ways, if you tout you are going FBS and then don't get an invite, after a while it looks foolish, or like you are just blowing smoke. That would turn off people too, because you are basically advertising that you are "stuck" where you are.

It only makes sense to talk about it when something is imminent and already underway.
    That's how most schools do it.

bros it's twenty twenty fucking three ALL travel is easy travel
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    You don't have any easy travel anywhere but the ACC will break into divisions and you would primarily play CST schools. Very few trips to the Atlantic Ocean. The same cannot be said about the MW..Those are long long trip across multiple time zones..Including one half way accross the Pacific Ocean.

Those are pretty simple basic facts..
    Assume you mean American/AAC above?

What do you base the divisions on? Thought the move was the other direction, and most conferences are dumping divisions.
    Did anyone in AAC talk about doing this, or you have a hunch based on something?

Some conferences are sort of doing a pod-like thing in terms of having permanent opponents and some that rotate.

Here is what the conference published as their scheduling model for next 4 years
    The American will not have a divisional format during the four-year cycle. The top two teams in the final regular season standings will qualify for the American Athletic Conference Championship Game.
    https://theamerican.org/news/2022/11...6-seasons.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Assume you mean American/AAC above?

What do you base the divisions on? Thought the move was the other direction, and most conferences are dumping divisions.
    Did anyone in AAC talk about doing this, or you have a hunch based on something?

Some conferences are sort of doing a pod-like thing in terms of having permanent opponents and some that rotate.

Here is what the conference published as their scheduling model for next 4 years

https://theamerican.org/news/2022/11...6-seasons.aspx
    The MW did away with divisions too..It was not done to make travel any easier as this is a regional conference. However, if the AAC goes to 16 or 18 members the travel will become particularly onerous. Football will be fine (no need for divisions) but the olympic sports and the athletes will get killed by the type of travel a conference that spread out means.

I do not anticipate the MW inviting you for all sports, or even football only, but you could make it work in the AAC.

The MW did away with divisions too..It was not done to make travel any easier as this is a regional conference. However, if the AAC goes to 16 or 18 members the travel will become particularly onerous. Football will be fine (no need for divisions) but the olympic sports and the athletes will get killed by the type of travel a conference that spread out means.

I do not anticipate the MW inviting you for all sports, or even football only, but you could make it work in the AAC.
    MWC what’s your take on what will happen with the PAC12 media deal? They gonna get cooked or are they okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    MWC what’s your take on what will happen with the PAC12 media deal? They gonna get cooked or are they okay?
    I wish I knew. I don't, but it would be nice if they could get something done one way or the other soon. If SDSU is invited, and I think they will go to the Pac 10 or the B12, they would have to give notice to the MW that they are leaving by June 1st. If not, they probably wouldn't leave until 2025.

I wish I knew. I don't, but it would be nice if they could get something done one way or the other soon. If SDSU is invited, and I think they will go to the Pac 10 or the B12, they would have to give notice to the MW that they are leaving by June 1st. If not, they probably wouldn't leave until 2025.
    Curious the factor there with June? Exit fees or GoR? Are those renewing?

It seems these days schools often just buy their way out early.
    See OU/UT, the AAC->B12 schools, etc.