Page 1088 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 885889881038107810861087108810891090109811381188 ... LastLast
Results 10,871 to 10,880 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    The above link gives you an idea of what's what for most MW schools..It is not as dire as one might suspect..
    The link you posted says Nevada athletics gets 48% of its funding from the school, the state, or student fees…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The link you posted says Nevada athletics gets 48% of its funding from the school, the state, or student fees…
    That aligns with this:
    https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/f6b3b00e

I don't think that is unusual. Those totals were from 2 years ago when there was still Covid money to subsidize not having any fans in the stands.

Most years the AD comes in pretty close to 50/50. There has been a revenue bump the last couple years.

I don't think that is unusual. Those totals were from 2 years ago when there was still Covid money to subsidize not having any fans in the stands.

Most years the AD comes in pretty close to 50/50. There has been a revenue bump the last couple years.
    Having your AD getting subsidized by taxpayers to the tune of $20M each year sounds pretty dire lol
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Having your AD getting subsidized by taxpayers to the tune of $20M each year sounds pretty dire lol
    The University receives funds for the school as a whole. That is not not unusual for a State School..The athletic department receives a small percentage of that. Most of that sum goes to waivers for scholarships. The free education cost of that is absorbed by the university..The AD doesn't get a wad of cash for that.

If your contention is that the AD is bankrupting the school and the state, I can't stop you. They have apparently been bankrupting everybody for 150 years..

The schools of the MW are doing fine..It just comes down to budgets and revenue..

The University receives funds for the school as a whole. That is not not unusual for a State School..The athletic department receives a small percentage of that. Most of that sum goes to waivers for scholarships. The free education cost of that is absorbed by the university..The AD doesn't get a wad of cash for that.

If your contention is that the AD is bankrupting the school and the state, I can't stop you. They have apparently been bankrupting everybody for 150 years..

The schools of the MW are doing fine..It just comes down to budgets and revenue..
    I didn't say anything other than the athletic department at the University of Nevada gets subsidized by $20M per year. This is triple than what NDSU receives for state/state-institution support. I didn't say anyone is bankrupting anyone. I didn't even say that it's not money well spent. But any organization that gets half of its money subsidized by a public entity is going to have questions about its sustainability. Especially when that subsidization rate is increasing.

I've said it a dozen times here: if NDSU (or SDSU, UND, Montana, Montana State, etc.) was subsidized like the rest of the MW schools, they would have MW budgets.
    *one day later*

After a while some of this starts to sound like how proud we are in North Dakota that the public doesn’t pay very much to support public institutions of higher education.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    After a while some of this starts to sound like how proud we are in North Dakota that the public doesn’t pay very much to support public institutions of higher education.
    Most of ND is proud that we don’t pay for anything. Stash it all away so we can take it with us when we all die!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 05-05-2023 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Feel free to hear what you want to hear I guess. I didn’t say what you’re insinuating, I could argue actually the opposite. Nothing would make me happier than ND investing more in higher education. We could spend all weekend arguing whether state money going towards athletics counts as going towards education. I’ll choose to save my breath on that.

What I’m saying is the difference in athletic budgets at NDSU and Nevada is state support. Winds blow and that state/institution support ends up not being as safe as previously thought.
    *one day later*

BisonJD put this in MVFC thread... Wheres OUR PRESIDENT talking about this? we gonna let misery state move up b4 us?

Missouri State President believes Athletics Program will move to FBS

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sp...t/70189082007/
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?