Page 1278 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2787781178122812681276127712781279128012881328 ... LastLast
Results 12,771 to 12,780 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Yes this model should happen, may end up “saving the sport” in the end.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I didn’t say it wouldn’t be good for NDSU. I said it would never happen.
    Just the mere theoretical possibility is reason to wait until the PAC/MWC shakeout completes before looking elsewhere.

There are still at least 2 or 3 scenarios which land us in MWC. But it will likely take months, probably until late Dec or Jan to know what 2PAC is going to do with certainty.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Here you go Chapo
    Showing Chapo facts from a reputable reporter with connections is worthless if it doesn't agree with his narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Showing Chapo facts from a reputable reporter with connections is worthless if it doesn't agree with his narrative.
    mcfooly has ZERO connections. he just saw an article and did his own article on it. quite pathetic

I'm talking to Gloria. we will get this worked out
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I’m 1 million percent interested in this PAC/MWC 2 tier league thing. I don’t see variable scheduling being a massive roadblock. Scheduling a “flex” relegation game in November with only a weeks notice is no different than any other playoff game that happens. The “welding the door shut” piece could be prevented by a statement in a contract saying you have buy outs for violating league precedent or whatever. Presidents and ADs concerned about getting canned for a bad season should be more concerned about the compete collapse of non P4 college football. Then as far as budgeting, I would be talking to other professions which have massive changes to revenue annually to get an idea of what to do. I’m guessing variable budgeting exists, and if it doesn’t, go talk to the finance professors on campus to make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by land grant bison View Post
    I’m 1 million percent interested in this PAC/MWC 2 tier league thing. I don’t see variable scheduling being a massive roadblock. Scheduling a “flex” relegation game in November with only a weeks notice is no different than any other playoff game that happens. The “welding the door shut” piece could be prevented by a statement in a contract saying you have buy outs for violating league precedent or whatever. Presidents and ADs concerned about getting canned for a bad season should be more concerned about the compete collapse of non P4 college football. Then as far as budgeting, I would be talking to other professions which have massive changes to revenue annually to get an idea of what to do. I’m guessing variable budgeting exists, and if it doesn’t, go talk to the finance professors on campus to make it happen!
    This......

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Shouldn't 2PAC be most concerned about:

- lack of a media deal (money)
    - that they're on the two-year waiver (they don't have 8 members to be a recognized conference)

If there was a time for this concept it was when the "airport meeting" happened that split the WAC16 into the MWC and WAC8. If they'd have gone "relegation" system in the WAC16 it may have held together.

Now there are so many moving parts (WasSU and OrSU futures, survival of PAC, competing interests in MWC*) I don't see how this could happen in under two years ... and that kills the PAC. It could take two years to draft the legal agreements.

Should relegation come to college sports starting at the FBS level seems foolhardy. Try it where there are two adjacent DII or DIII conferences looking to "reshuffle" and see how it works, and what we may not see until it's tried.

*SDSU will still have a wandering eye to the BXII; UWyo and the front range have to be concerned about another "airport meeting" where they'll get left out (and no WAC exit fees to cushion the blow)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Shouldn't 2PAC be most concerned about:

- lack of a media deal (money)
    - that they're on the two-year waiver (they don't have 8 members to be a recognized conference)

If there was a time for this concept it was when the "airport meeting" happened that split the WAC16 into the MWC and WAC8. If they'd have gone "relegation" system in the WAC16 it may have held together.

Now there are so many moving parts (WasSU and OrSU futures, survival of PAC, competing interests in MWC*) I don't see how this could happen in under two years ... and that kills the PAC. It could take two years to draft the legal agreements.

Should relegation come to college sports starting at the FBS level seems foolhardy. Try it where there are two adjacent DII or DIII conferences looking to "reshuffle" and see how it works, and what we may not see until it's tried.

*SDSU will still have a wandering eye to the BXII; UWyo and the front range have to be concerned about another "airport meeting" where they'll get left out (and no WAC exit fees to cushion the blow)
    Are DII and DIII really looking to reshuffle? I hoenstly don't know because I don't follow either at all.

lack of a media deal and the fact any new one will net the PAC next to nothing is exactly why they should be chasing this new idea

Two years to create the legal docs?? Who's their layer, CAS? (I kid, I kid). It wouldn't take two years to get this put together. A year, yes maybe even 18 months but as with any large project you take the deadline and work backward to create a plan to get it done in time.

IMO the FBS is exactly where this relegation model should happen for two very big reasons. 1) the talk of a split has been ongoing to years, relegation allows a split without a spit (IF this were to ever take hold across the FBS level) 2) No one gives a shit about DII and DIII athletics on a national scale so relegation and promotion dries exactly no excitement, no entertainment and no $$$. Let DII and DIII attempt to be what college athletics is/was supposed to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Two years to create the legal docs?? Who's their layer, CAS? (I kid, I kid). It wouldn't take two years to get this put together. A year, yes maybe even 18 months but as with any large project you take the deadline and work backward to create a plan to get it done in time.
    Sixteen schools, plus two conference entities, each with individual interests and concerns, coming to a written agreement amenable to all. And that's before the evaluation on impacts of existing contractual agreements (MWC media deal, what residuals the 2PAC has).

That's a lawyer's wet dream for billable hours.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Sixteen schools, plus two conference entities, each with individual interests and concerns, coming to a written agreement amenable to all. And that's before the evaluation on impacts of existing contractual agreements (MWC media deal, what residuals the 2PAC has).

That's a lawyer's wet dream for billable hours.
    Like I said, don't hire CAS.

*I know I'm going to get a nasty fuck off message from CAS but I'm in a good mood and couldn't resist.