Page 955 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 45585590594595395495595695796510051055 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,550 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Where is that the assumption? The top G5 team could be the 50th best team in the country and get a spot.
    Sounds amazing. Playoffs!

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    prove it. where's the FOIA then?

Austin Pee gonna beat us to FBS
    I wonder what advantage they have over ndsu.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Sounds amazing. Playoffs!
    All I’m doing is pointing out your ridiculous use of hyperbole to make things seems worse than they would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I wonder what advantage they have over ndsu.
    One is obvious. A school like Austin Peay also has different motivations for FBS. They likely aren't expecting to be competing for the 12th playoff spot so they would be ok with a conference like CUSA. For the Bison (at least many of the fans) that is the main motivation. If the Bison move up and only play well enough to get a bowl game, many fans will be disappointed. Will they perceive the regular season schedule as better? A school like AP will be very happy with their improved regular season schedule and ecstatic for any bowl game. It also may give them a better perception as a university compared to other nearby universities. In Indiana, Ball State has a better perception as a university than Indiana State and FBS compared to FCS in football is a contributor. Since there are no G5 schools anywhere near Fargo, that won't change the perception for regional students.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I learned last night NM State added an extra game today against Valpo so they can get bowl eligible. Not sure if they had a game canceled or just a missing game. It's game 12 for Valpo as well. Not sure if they had to get approval to do that. I can't imagine they get a great bowl but it shows there is value in bowl games for the FBS teams. Even if it is just to say they were in a bowl game.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I learned last night NM State added an extra game today against Valpo so they can get bowl eligible. Not sure if they had a game canceled or just a missing game. It's game 12 for Valpo as well. Not sure if they had to get approval to do that. I can't imagine they get a great bowl but it shows there is value in bowl games for the FBS teams. Even if it is just to say they were in a bowl game.

NMSU has not been to a bowl for something like 60 years. Assuming they beat Pioneer league Valpo, they will have 2 FCS wins, and 4 wins over very weak FBS teams. This requires a waiver to be granted, but its almost automatic when espn wants it.

What I saw elsewhere was they were already granted the waiver at 5-6, but they scheduled Valpo because they wanted an easy win with a home game to honor their seniors. The waiver let them step in front of other P5 teams that are 5-7. Normally they would fill the last slots with 5-7 teams going in order of the teams APR/GPA when there are not enough eligible teams

They are going to a bowl because ESPN feels sorry for them.

Instead of hoping for a spot in the MWC or AAC, lets create one in the CUSA and stop underestimating this programs ability to make a name for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Instead of hoping for a spot in the MWC or AAC, lets create one in the CUSA and stop underestimating this programs ability to make a name for ourselves.
    If we lost a single game in that conference, our name would be mud.
    That conference is basically FCS teams now, and not very good ones.

I have seen some random talk about people wanting to kick them out of the CFP system entirely when the contract gets renewed in two years.
    Not likely to happen, but shows just how bad the reputation is now.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SJSU cancelled their game with NMSU after a player died. They weren't able to find a replacement date. I think NMSU got a waiver to go bowling at 5-6 with a cancelled game, then another to schedule Valpo to have a Senior Day.

Maybe Indy can explain what would have happened if SJSU would have been recorded as a forfeit instead of cancelled. I understand why they didn't.

MAC championship on ESPN today.

Not that many fans for a championship, but it is entertaining and high energy.