Page 948 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 4488488989389469479489499509589981048 ... LastLast
Results 9,471 to 9,480 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Wyoming Start Times: Central Time

3pm
    230pm
    3pm
    7pm
    9pm (natl tv)
    630pm
    6pm
    830pm (natl tv)
    at hawaii doesnt count (11pm)
    6p
    6p
    9p (natl tv)

what's wrong with that? our geriatric average fan of 80+ can't stay up that late, then time to find 20-60 year olds that will
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Our fanbase is getting too desperate, not dumber. Patience is a virtue!
    I think there's a plausible argument in which a scenario could exist that moving from FCS to FBS becomes more difficult in the future, not less. In this scenario, patience may not be a virtue. It's impossible for any of us to speak in absolutes at this point given the state of flux that the college football landscape is currently in. As a fan, we don't have much, if any, influence on what happens in those aspects. In the meantime, fans can control their decisions about how much they are willing to invest in NDSU Athletics. The Athletic Department leadership will need to be very aggressive in finding ways to keep as many fans engaged and investing as possible. The trends of that engagement and investment over the past 5 or so years seem to be a bit of a mixed bag. Attendance is certainly down, however, it seems like Teammakers and fundraising for IPF/facilities haven't seemed to have been affected so far. Just like everyone here, I truly just want to see the University and the Athletic Department build on the momentum that was gained from the move to D1 and not take a step backwards. Patience in conference affiliation may be a virtue. Patience in terms of finding ways to combat the trend in attendance and enthusiasm seems less beneficial because I believe if it continues it is only a matter of time before it does affect Teammakers and fundraising.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

3pm
    230pm
    3pm
    7pm
    9pm (natl tv)
    630pm
    6pm
    830pm (natl tv)
    6p
    6p
    9p (natl tv)

what's wrong with that? our geriatric average fan of 80+ can't stay up that late, then time to find 20-60 year olds that will
    That’s one team in MWC and happens to be the closest to us. Keep going with the other teams and see where things end.

Also, and to assist in your reading comprehension, it’s not about fans as much as the toll it would take on players and coaches. Even your favorite, former BSC team figured that out.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I think this gives the Bison the best chance to be successful. It could impact recruiting as well. Could be harder to recruit Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Omaha, if ask the road games are that far away. If anyone could do it, the Bison could, and I don't think they should turn down an opportunity in the MWC. But something in Central and Eastern time zone would be better.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I think there are pros and cons to both the AAC and MWC. In terms of purely game times and recruiting footprint, I would prefer an AAC invite. I believe that the schools in the MWC would be more attractive to the fanbase (especially with UCF, Cincinnati & Houston leaving the AAC). That being said, the attractiveness to the fanbase would likely be muted by the later game times that we would likely encounter. MN Wild fans hated being grouped with the west coast teams previously because of all of the 9pm starts for road games. It really affected viewership/ratings for Fox Sports North at the time. The schools in the MWC also seem to be more "peer institutions" academically to NDSU which I think is an upside. It's hard to speak in absolutes about anything but I don't think there is any scenario in which the MWC and the MAC merge or join in any way. If the MAC didn't want to keep UMASS and doesn't want to add NDSU/SDSU in part because of the travel, it seems highly unlikely that they would ever take on the additional travel associated with joining with the MWC. If NDSU received an invite from either the AAC or the MWC, I think they should accept. If they don't, criticism would be warranted.

Is there a possibility we could get an invite to the AAC?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Is there a possibility we could get an invite to the AAC?
    They'll be at 14 schools when they take the 6 schools leaving C-USA. I think that's why they haven't been talked about as much here because it seems less likely that they will add compared to the possibility of the MWC adding if SDSU or Boise or both leave. The AAC also has the option of poaching more from C-USA if they need to and those C-USA schools are a.) already FBS and b.) within their footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    They'll be at 14 schools when they take the 6 schools leaving C-USA. I think that's why they haven't been talked about as much here because it seems less likely that they will add compared to the possibility of the MWC adding if SDSU or Boise or both leave. The AAC also has the option of poaching more from C-USA if they need to and those C-USA schools are a.) already FBS and b.) within their footprint.
    The median athletic budget in the AAC is 50% more than the Mountain West...

They are more stable, have a much higher academic profile, are just as far or farther, and have about 100x more options for candidates than the Mountain West.

Conversely, it's probably the only conference that right now I could see being able to dole out a football-only invite.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    NDSU does not subsidize this lol
    This makes me feel dirty, but he's technically right on this point(subsidizing the FCS playoffs, not subsidizing FCS in general like he followed up with).

- As a whole, the FCS playoffs lose money for the NCAA(because the NCAA has to play for teams' travel, officials, Frisco rental, etc.).
    - Playoff games at NDSU make money for the NCAA(because those games more than pay for the NCAA expenses for that game).
    - Therefore, NDSU helps the NCAA lose less money for the playoff, i.e. subsidizing.

I'm going to go take a shower now.

https://twitter.com/MiamiOHFootball/...R0f1ljU5NE0A4g

Is Trip to the Bahamas better than Frisco?
    In some ways it is and in some ways it isn't. You can't drive to the Bahamas and you probably need a passport which many people don't have.
    It's OK to not be OK.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

3pm
    230pm
    3pm
    7pm
    9pm (natl tv)
    630pm
    6pm
    830pm (natl tv)
    6p
    6p
    9p (natl tv)

I'm 46 and don't give 2 shits about the Wyoming, Boise State or the MWC either.