Page 943 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 4438438939339419429439449459539931043 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,430 of 13486

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm sure it will happen at times too.

G5 teams are going to try and put together strong schedules to set themselves apart. There could be years where they all fall on their face OOC but take down their intraconference rivals.
    I mean I guess the problem is that OOC doesn't matter at all in this set up. What matters is 1) being in the correct conference and 2) winning that conference
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I believe that is also true..

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I mean I guess the problem is that OOC doesn't matter at all in this set up. What matters is 1) being in the correct conference and 2) winning that conference
    and probably winning 1-2 non con FBS

I think all you have to do is be the champion of the highest rated G5 conference to get the automatic spot. Theoretically, a G5 can earn an at large slot and that would likely require said school to be undefeated with a couple of P5 wins.

Be in a decent conference and have a good year. I don't really see it as a problem. G5 fans for years wanted a shot for their best team to get a shot. Now they have it guaranteed, every year.
    College of Business Alumnus

Be in a decent conference and have a good year. I don't really see it as a problem. G5 fans for years wanted a shot for their best team to get a shot. Now they have it guaranteed, every year.
    No they don't. They have the guarantee that the champion of the best conference has a shot. You can be the best G5 team of all time but if you're not in the best conference you're not going to be in the CFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

No they don't. They have the guarantee that the champion of the best conference has a shot. You can be the best G5 team of all time but if you're not in the best conference you're not going to be in the CFP.
    If you are the best G5 team of all time, you'll probably get in regardless of conference.

End of the day, the G5 should be ecstatic and people poo-pooing it is just silly.

Fifteen years ago it was "we just want a shot to prove it on the field!" ---> we get a Top 4 playoff.
    Then it was "They'll never let us into the playoff! This is unfair!" ---> ignores Houston shit the bed when they had a shot. ---> doesn't matter because the committee put Cincinnati in last year. --> 12-team playoff with a G5 autobid starts soon.
    Now it is "what happens if we are awesome but a team in one of the other conferences that is a bit better also has a great season and they get in instead of us!"

If NDSU moves up and gets "shafted" or whatever, that's just too bad. Life isn't fair.

Bingo.........
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

If you are the best G5 team of all time, you'll probably get in regardless of conference.

End of the day, the G5 should be ecstatic and people poo-pooing it is just silly.

Fifteen years ago it was "we just want a shot to prove it on the field!" ---> we get a Top 4 playoff.
    Then it was "They'll never let us into the playoff! This is unfair!" ---> ignores Houston shit the bed when they had a shot. ---> doesn't matter because the committee put Cincinnati in last year. --> 12-team playoff with a G5 autobid starts soon.
    Now it is "what happens if we are awesome but a team in one of the other conferences that is a bit better also has a great season and they get in instead of us!"

If NDSU moves up and gets "shafted" or whatever, that's just too bad. Life isn't fair.
    Not if you go by the rules.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Not if you go by the rules.
    What rules?