Page 921 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 4218218719119199209219229239319711021 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,210 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That is a very logical and valid opinion. I don't agree that we are owed an explanation or plan, but I understand those that do. For Chapo to say no conversations have been had is absurd. They've talked, but with very little movement in the conferences that interest NDSU, there hasn't been a reason to get serious. Matt has mentioned in several interviews they continue to look at the situation and will do something when it makes sense. There probably isn't more to share beyond that.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    As much as it drives some crazy, we need to sit tight for a bit. The cascade that we need to open up an MWC slot seems to have started, but its going to take some time for that to all work its way out. Once PAC finalizes their media deal, then other pieces can move. There have probably been off the record casual conversations, but for us to be "lobbying" would almost be like begging someone to buy our house before they've decided to purchase anything. We're getting ourselves well positioned, it just isn't the right moment yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    As much as it drives some crazy, we need to sit tight for a bit. The cascade that we need to open up an MWC slot seems to have started, but its going to take some time for that to all work its way out. Once PAC finalizes their media deal, then other pieces can move. There have probably been off the record casual conversations, but for us to be "lobbying" would almost be like begging someone to buy our house before they've decided to purchase anything. We're getting ourselves well positioned, it just isn't the right moment yet.
    I mean with all due respect, we’ve been “sitting tight” for 7 years. That’s the frustration some have. It’s wait for the P5 split, wait for the B12 to implode, wait for the NCAA committee, etc.

I’ve come to grips with it but that’s what frustrates people
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I mean with all due respect, we’ve been “sitting tight” for 7 years. That’s the frustration some have. It’s wait for the P5 split, wait for the B12 to implode, wait for the NCAA committee, etc.

I’ve come to grips with it but that’s what frustrates people
    We have had no choice but to sit tight for the last 7 years. No logical opportunities have come up yet until this last MWC news. This MWC opportunity is what we have been waiting for. This spot will be out best and only foreseeable chance to get to the FBS. This is also our best chance at a football only invite so we need to put our best foot forward. I would say ML has been in talks with the MWC but in the end they will pick the best school for the conference. I hope it is NDSU…

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I guess I just don’t see how a general vision of the athletic department puts a potential conference invite at risk.

I would also add that I don’t share rumors on here or elsewhere and I don’t make wild proclamations or demands. My message has been consistent. If leadership wants more buy in from the fanbase they have to share more of their plan. I’ve said it before, a $50 million practice facility shows a desire for more and I do assume that they are exploring more. But there’s just as much risk in them not sharing their vision at all as there is saying too much.

You and I don’t have to agree on everything, that’s fine. My biggest issue is that you’re so dismissive of any perspective that isn’t your own. You’re fandom doesn’t trump anyone else’s.

Only opinions that are dismissed are ones not based in reality, ones that voice we need to move up just because and those of the constant lie tellers.
    My fandom has nothing to do with my being able to judge bullshit when I see it.

But then again thats just your opinion also. .
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The move has to be the right move. We cant just drop our drawers just to move up when we could be stuck in some shit ass conference for 10-20 years.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Do you believe the MW is going to be a good spot for the next 10 to 20 years? That would seem to be an important consideration for any school hoping to join..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Do you believe the MW is going to be a good spot for the next 10 to 20 years? That would seem to be an important consideration for any school hoping to join..
    ANNNNNNNND we have to be invited.. The important question is is WHY would the MWC invite NDSU. WHAT do we bring to the party that would make the MWC a better and more stable conference?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    ANNNNNNNND we have to be invited.. The important question is is WHY would the MWC invite NDSU. WHAT do we bring to the party that would make the MWC a better and more stable conference?
    From what I’ve heard online (stop, I know already ) a lot of Boise fans in the know see us as a similar version of them. Great football, national brand, very good academics, dedicated fan base. we’d be the most stable member of the conference. Where else would we go? Lol

They no doubt have their eyes on Texas (SMU, UTSA, Texas State?? Oof), but to your point: what happens when the AAC or even Big 12 comes calling? Those schools are gone. Playing games in Colorado, Wyoming and California are not the end game for those schools.

I’m not very sure that with SDSU and Boise State leaving we’re the first call they make. But taking off the green and gold glasses I truly do think that NDSU and a Montana school are the answer. And if the MW bleeds more, pick up SDSU and the other Montana. Where else are they going to go? All the other big sky schools are having existential questions about football.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Some here like Chapo would be agitating for a P5 move within 2 years ... but I do think MWC is far superior to any other potential FBS move we could make. Now if the PAC or B12 calls, we should certainly listen, ha. Absent a P5 offer, I would say yes. It is a good conference with a legitimate chance at the CFP.

I don't see the MW adding anybody unless there is a mass defection of 4 or more schools. But, having said that, I think there is a possibility that they would add non football playing schools in the neighborhood..