Page 912 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 4128128629029109119129139149229621012 ... LastLast
Results 9,111 to 9,120 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Barely less than MAC and SBC. Plus CBS televises conf champ game in football and basketball. Actually , pretty decent basketball exposure. This would have been a perfectly good deal for us to be a part of to get into FBS.
    No reason for NDSU to EVER take a pay cut on our media deal. We should only be willing to take more money, not less especially with the increased costs associated

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Where do you get the figures? What I saw is that the Mac schools get $880K. Corrected figure from initial reporting is that CUSA schools each get $800K. That’s almost double with the CUSA schools get now. And they won’t be on Stadium or Facebook. CBSSN and ESPN sound good to me. It is certainly a better deal than a lot of people here were predicting. And again, CUSA is FBS and has access to the CFP. We currently are not and do not.
    You are reaching for fool's gold, in a conference that will lose money and destroy fan bases.

1) It's CBSSN, not CBS proper. This is second tier channel thats not watched by that many people on a weekday evening.
    CUSA had a bunch of Saturday games with them previously, and going forward will get Tuesday and Wed night games, assuming the financials work for the network. If not, the networks can bail entirely without penalty.

2) ESPN can optionally show a few games, but it's rumored this will be on something like ESPNews, because most of the other slots (ESPN/2/U) are already contractually promised to the other conferences. There won't be any prime coverage. We get much better media exposure on our FCS playoff games most years.

3) There is effectively 0 chance a CUSA team will make the CFP in the next 10 years. For the past 8 years that it has existed, the G5 NY6 slot has gone 6 times to the AAC, one time to MWC and one time to MAC. This G5 access slot is what will become the CFP G5 slot, and there is no chance in hell a cusa team will get it with nmsu, utep, fiu, shsu, ksu and jsu all on the schedule.

Where do you get the figures? What I saw is that the Mac schools get $880K. Corrected figure from initial reporting is that CUSA schools each get $800K. That’s almost double with the CUSA schools get now. And they won’t be on Stadium or Facebook. CBSSN and ESPN sound good to me. It is certainly a better deal than a lot of people here were predicting. And again, CUSA is FBS and has access to the CFP. We currently are not and do not.
    CUSA is 100 years away from the CFP. Probably more. I don’t even think I’m exaggerating.

We’re not taking a pay cut to go somewhere that’s more expensive.

The only, only, only reason NDSU would even be thinking about CUSA is if it’s a couple year stopgap to the MAC or MW. I’d allow that point to be argued but not much else. CUSA did better than most thought, but a shiny turd is still a turd.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Hump day night games??? Bison have humps, their lovely ungulate lumps. Check 'em out.
    Now I can't get this song out of my head.

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Dome wouldn't even be half full.
    Oct 12 Wednesday Night 7pm game with Tailgating all afternoon in beautiful weather = Half Full?? DOh'K !

Take 1/2 day off or leave work at 3pm to get hammered and play on ESPN ?? it'd be full.

now, this scenario of NDSU to mac/cusa wont happen, so no used debating it.

MWC/AAC/BIG 12 is what we all want.... but tell me how many FCS programs have gone to those in last 30 years? its a pickle.

that's why SITTING DOWN WITH MWC and NEGIOTATING ANYTHING ANYHOW with them in our best shot
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Boris Johnson was born in New York and therefore a natural born US citizen. If he had established residency in the US he legally could have been POTUS and British Prime Minister at the same time.
    CUSA putting a team in the CFP is less likely than that.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Oct 12 Wednesday Night 7pm game with Tailgating all afternoon in beautiful weather = Half Full?? DOh'K !

Take 1/2 day off or leave work at 3pm to get hammered and play on ESPN ?? it'd be full.

MWC/AAC/BIG 12 is what we all want.... but tell me how many FCS programs have gone to those in last 30 years? its a pickle.

that's why SITTING DOWN WITH MWC and NEGIOTATING ANYTHING ANYHOW with them in our best shot
    At least you got that part right, we are not and should not eat that Turd sandwich and call it yummy.
    Tuesday night on CBSSN against FIU or JSU is going to fill up the dome? Doubt it.

Marshall and UMass went to the MAC when they transitioned. Boise St, UTSA and others went to the WAC when it was FBS and basically was the predecessor to todays MWC. Even JMU went to the SBC. We can do far better than join Kennesaw and Jacksonville St in a total shit conference.

If the MW wants NDSU (and they certainly might) there will be no need to negotiate a lesser deal to add you. It is not in the best interest of the MW to hamstring any new addition. Were you to be invited the conference, they would absolutely want you to be a big football brand with no drop off. They would expect you to spend a lot more dough on your other sports.

You do not provide a large market so you would have to demonstrate enhanced value in other ways. All doable.

On the other hand, If your dream is for a CFP slot and a nice tv deal those hopes will likely be dashed. Once San Diego State and Fresno or Boise leave, the next tv deal will go way down. There is also a strong bet that the MW will no longer be in the running for the highest rated football conference again. That really hurts your chances, even if you go undefeated, to get an at large bid.

If say it is SDSU and Boise who split, I believe CSU and AFA will bite the bullet on the exit fee and go to the AAC.

That would leave..

NV
    UNLV
    Wyoming
    NM
    USU
    SJSU
    FSU
    Hawaii.

If these are schools you respect and want to associate with you, that is one thing. If you want big dough and CFP slots..Maybe, not your best bet.

If I was drinking and out until 11:00 - 11:30 PM on Wednesday I would also need to take Thursday morning off.

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If I was drinking and out until 11:00 - 11:30 PM on Wednesday I would also need to take Thursday morning off.
    amateur......
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?