Page 911 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 4118118619019099109119129139219611011 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,110 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

MWC BOARD!!

bigd
    Posted yesterday at 01:28 AM
    So if this happens so we stand pat at 10/11? Do we add NMSU? UTEP? NDSU?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Tuesday and Wednesday night games. For all of October. Mostly on CBSSN.
    MAC's ESPN deal is far far better, and draws a lot more eyeballs than this will.

UTEP at FIU on Tuesday night CBSSN ...
    Tuesday and Wednesday games. Bigger crowds during the Covid spring season.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    MWC BOARD!!

bigd
    Posted yesterday at 01:28 AM
    So if this happens so we stand pat at 10/11? Do we add NMSU? UTEP? NDSU?
    Herder brought up SMU and one other fbs school on Izzos show this week as examples.
    Last edited by daddy daycare; 11-10-2022 at 12:29 PM.

“We don’t have to do anything,” Thompson said. “We’re a solid 12-team league. We had our most successful year on the court and on the field in probably a decade. Four 10-win football teams, four teams in the men’s basketball tournament. We opted to stay put as a 12-team league last year at this time and if circumstances were to change — I addressed the board on a call Monday, what could, would, should, or can we do if an institution opts to leave the Mountain West conference? — the answer is really nothing, except to explore how we would replace that member.”

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Its horrible, less than half of what SBC makes, and less than our current media deal. It would be a pay cut for us.

CBS SN is a second tier network not in as many homes, and they just traded Saturday CBS SN broadcasts under their previous deal for Tues and Wed nights.
    Some of us actually like to attend football games on Saturdays. CUSA won't have any Saturday games in October.

The kicker is supposedly the media companies have an easy early exit if the games don't hit performance metrics for viewership/revenue as well. Thats basically unheard of. It's saying if they don't earn enough the deal is off entirely.
    Where do you get the figures? What I saw is that the Mac schools get $880K. Corrected figure from initial reporting is that CUSA schools each get $800K. That’s almost double with the CUSA schools get now. And they won’t be on Stadium or Facebook. CBSSN and ESPN sound good to me. It is certainly a better deal than a lot of people here were predicting. And again, CUSA is FBS and has access to the CFP. We currently are not and do not.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The C-USA TV deal screams "big time FBS":

- mid-week games
    - $750k per school (less than MAC or SBC)

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...orts-ESPN.aspx
    Math seems fuzzy. Currently NDSU averages $2.19million annually for all of their media rights which are sold to Learfield. Somehow trading the TV portion of that for $750K from C-USA is going to cover the required increases in the budget?

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know some people hate it when I bring math into this thread, but let's look at some of the indirect effects. Weekday games absolutely will have lower attendance. Based on MACtion CUSA will see ~25% drop. Let's say that's 5000 tickets per game per school. Even if half are prepaid and unused season tickets that is $40 x 2500 = $100k, plus concessions, parking, swag, etc. That happens 2 times per school in Oct. CUSA schools might have gotten a ~$400k bump in media rights, but at the cost of ~$300k drop in revenue. I suppose that's still a net benefit but not as good as it looks at first glance.

Hump day night games??? Bison have humps, their lovely ungulate lumps. Check 'em out.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I know some people hate it when I bring math into this thread, but let's look at some of the indirect effects. Weekday games absolutely will have lower attendance. Based on MACtion CUSA will see ~25% drop. Let's say that's 5000 tickets per game per school. Even if half are prepaid and unused season tickets that is $40 x 2500 = $100k, plus concessions, parking, swag, etc. That happens 2 times per school in Oct. CUSA schools might have gotten a ~$400k bump in media rights, but at the cost of ~$300k drop in revenue. I suppose that's still a net benefit but not as good as it looks at first glance.
    Dome wouldn't even be half full.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    https://twitter.com/HerdFB/status/15...hJCcIlh0g&s=19

FBS Marshall is straight up ripping off Snorty!
    Way to go newb!