Page 1050 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 505509501000104010481049105010511052106011001150 ... LastLast
Results 10,491 to 10,500 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I'd guess the same fraction as Gopher fans in the Fargo DMA.
    I know we're splitting hares here but I seriously doubt it. Fargo is much more "all in" for NDSU than SF is for either of the SD schools. A major part of that is that NDSU is actually IN Fargo and it is further away from other competing programs. Hell, I bet there's more UND fans in Fargo than Gopher ones.

That said, I think the situation in SF is sliding toward SDSU given the current nature of the Husker program and the seeming rise of SDSU.

I think SDSU would be a good partner to move up again. I wouldn't wait for them but I think their BBall programs could help legitimize the pairing to any conference, providing a travel partner in the process. If that happens, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see SDSU football be as successful as NDSU in FBS. I personally think the Holy Nutmeg has been holding them back (Natty notwithstanding) and with him gone, they can take more risks as a program.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I'd guess the same fraction as Gopher fans in the Fargo DMA.
    Not likely. Way back in the 90s when I worked at Burger King we had some kind of promotion with NCAA football where everybody got a baseball cap with a college logo to wear at work. I got the Minnesota hat and the manager's husband was the only one who wanted to trade. My insurance agent's family are the only other Gopher fans I can remember in the F-M area because their son, Justin Conzemius (The Fargo Flash as they call him on KFAN) played football there.
    It's OK to not be OK.

waiting..........................waiting.......... ........
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah this thread title needs a change. It's definitely not new and better anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Yeah this thread title needs a change. It's definitely not new and better anymore.
    Just need someone to find a tweet by a college kid with 28 followers saying the MWC is going to need new schools if they lose a couple.

That should spice things back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddy daycare vs. the world: why we are beholden to SDSU, a thesis
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Just need someone to find a tweet by a college kid with 28 followers saying the MWC is going to need new schools if they lose a couple.

That should spice things back up.

I know a guy.

I know a guy.
    ++++++++++

PAC 10 visiting schools this Wednesday right?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The PAC needs access into SoCal (students, alumni, donors).
    SDSU is the only thing close to the standards of CaliStan.
    SDSU has to be the prime target.

I still say the BXII could really foul up the PAC by offering San Diego State.
    And SDSU could be awesome bait for the 'zonas (who see the money will be better in the BXII but still want SoCal access).
    The 'zonas have to worry that UW/UO/CaliStan would ditch them in a heartbeat for the B1G.

Behind only Notre Dame, at this moment in time SDSU seems to have a lot of power as to how realignment may sort out.