Page 158 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 581081481561571581591601682082586581158 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    We'll just set another precedent and be the first FCS school to pay FBS opponents to come to our house.
    I would love to see this happen. I also love that we are seeing enough success that this idea doesn't even seem that far fetched.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Let me shift the focus a bit... How does the media in Fargo treat Dave Richman. In the twin cities he would be slaughtered.

Reusse, Barreiro and others were all ready cutting into Fleck before he hit town. Anyways I stand by my point, NDSU has a relatively friendly media market (even McFeely).
    In comparison to Minnesota that's true but look at how the GF Herald's covers UND athletics or the Sioux Falls Argus Leader's coverage of SDSU athletics. You don't see NDSU get scathing editorials from media types but at they do report on any dirt they find and they do give criticism which I don't know if you ever see from those other two media entities to their respective FCS schools.

The U of Minnesota's lack of success and location are the main reasons they get media criticism. Being in a major metro you can't go war with the press as an AD or a coach because you'll either lose or you'll get damaged in the process. But look at how Nick Saban treats media down in Tuscaloosa to get an idea of what it's like at most big-time FBS schools. The coach and the athletic department dictate who and what the media writes about. It's an interesting phenomenon because in a lot of these big-time college towns like Tuscaloosa (AL), Norman (OK), Columbus (OH), Tallahassee (FL), etc the college is the big show in town so if the local sports media guys piss them off they lose their #1 source of readership. The same is true here for NDSU. The same isn't true in MSP for the Gophers.

McFeely wrote an article about the Mountain West expanding and how they haven't called NDSU.

The vibe I got was "See?! quit being delusional, we aren't as attractive as you think we are to other conferences!"

Although he was right, It was interesting, that the article had nothing to do with Football, just basketball...... He never mentioned, or clarified that, yet the message was the same. "NDSU isn't attractive to other conferences and aren't even CLOSE to being attractive to other conferences, you morons!"

As far as I was aware, I didn't think we had a big NDSU to MWC for BASEKTBALL contingent. The only thing I've heard was NDSU to Missouri Valley basketball.
    I would be very interested to know what the MWC would think of us if they did expand for football purposes.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Also, I have been listening to a few national college football podcasts recently, and I heard at least 3 separate ones mention NDSU as an FBS school in terms of talent, prestige, brand and program.

Not saying we have to move up or anything, but it seems to be consensus amongst hard core college football media types that we have a powerful brand that people would be very interested in if we WERE ever to move up.

Obviously they aren't concerned with logistics etc. but interesting to hear so many different media outlets whole-sale agree that NDSU is an awesome brand that they view as FBS ready
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Maybe the problem is the MW isn't attractive to us. Both the AD and President have consistently said we will always be at the second level of football.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Maybe the problem is the MW isn't attractive to us. Both the AD and President have consistently said we will always be at the second level of football.
    Maybe in it's current form the MW isn't attractive for some very sound reasons. If it were ever reformed as a clear and distinct second level those reasons may fall away and a move up would be more attractive.

Just off the top of my head---Travel--team and fan, recruiting foot print, loss of traditional rivalries. Plus do all of the MWC teams want to travel to Fargo?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

so Mountain West had their conference meetings in middle of July. Why couldn't Dean & Matt fly out to Salt Lake City and at least meet with their President's and AD's that day and at least shake some hands... hell take em out and whine them dine them .... them ?

its called SALES 101 why don't they even make an attempt?

that's seriously all I want to know, Neither of them have answered that, No one in this stupid media market has the balls to ask it.
    When I asked it 2 times on radio point blank, they danced around it like JLO
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

HAHAHA, that's hilarious

and right now NDSU is in the 3rd level of football Power 5, G5, FCS, D2 D3
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Just off the top of my head---Travel--team and fan, recruiting foot print, loss of traditional rivalries. Plus do all of the MWC teams want to travel to Fargo?
    This would basically ruin almost everything that we love about Bison football. For what? A few more national TV games?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯