Page 686 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1865866366766846856866876886967367861186 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    What "national" airtime so we get now? Frisco and playoffs, maybe an FBS game. MWC/AAC would surely beat that, no? Even MACtion would. CUSA is unlikely to, though

Like I've said all along, let $$ dictate the move. If it isn't an upgrade, then it's not a good move

I can also think of more than a few teams in the MVFC that are significantly subsidized compared to NDSU, fwiw
    Exactly, but also when you say "let $$ dictate the move" people shouldn't stop the analysis at benefits to the athletic department. The reasons I want NDSU to be with peer state flagship land grant schools in the MW go far beyond just the athletics department.

I want NDSU to be the hands-down premier university inside the circle formed Minneapolis, Ames, Lincoln and Boise. Branding is huge for that to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

... let $$ dictate the move.
    Let? No, money WILL dictate any move. C'est la vie.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What "national" airtime so we get now? Frisco and playoffs, maybe an FBS game. MWC/AAC would surely beat that, no? Even MACtion would. CUSA is unlikely to, though

Like I've said all along, let $$ dictate the move. If it isn't an upgrade, then it's not a good move

I can also think of more than a few teams in the MVFC that are significantly subsidized compared to NDSU, fwiw
    MWC/AAC definitely have the best media packages of the G5, with good payouts.

MACtion gets decent airtime on Tuesday/Wednesday nights, though it tends to kill game attendance at those schools.

CUSA schools get paid $400k this year for a mish mash of Stadium/Facebook, etc. With all the schools/brands they lost it looks like they are headed toward 100k or less per year, and Flo may be the outlet. As of right now, there is no media deal for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Exactly, but also when you say "let $$ dictate the move" people shouldn't stop the analysis at benefits to the athletic department. The reasons I want NDSU to be with peer state flagship land grant schools in the MW go far beyond just the athletics department.

I want NDSU to be the hands-down premier university inside the circle formed Minneapolis, Ames, Lincoln and Boise. Branding is huge for that to happen.
    yes this!! Academics will be better. Olympic sports will be better with better athletes
    Plus Nationally NDSU will be respected instead of the pats on the head & backhands for trophy chasing and not moving up
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    MWC/AAC definitely have the best media packages of the G5, with good payouts.

MACtion gets decent airtime on Tuesday/Wednesday nights, though it tends to kill game attendance at those schools.

CUSA schools get paid $400k this year for a mish mash of Stadium/Facebook, etc. With all the schools/brands they lost it looks like they are headed toward 100k or less per year, and Flo may be the outlet. As of right now, there is no media deal for next year.
    So CUSA's media deal gets redone this year? This should be interesting. What about the Mac?

In other news ...

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...nt-fox-cbs-nbc

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yes this!! Academics will be better. Olympic sports will be better with better athletes
    Plus Nationally NDSU will be respected instead of the pats on the head & backhands for trophy chasing and not moving up
    I know I have a ton of respect for the directional Michigans of the world.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I know I have a ton of respect for the directional Michigans of the world.
    Right or wrong, I have way more respect for Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan than I do for Northern Michigan, Southern Utah or Northern Arizona. I'd be less apprehensive about my future children going to the first group, I'd be more comfortable with my school being connected to those universities, etc. Branding means a lot in the luxury item world that is today's higher education.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Right or wrong, I have way more respect for Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan than I do for Northern Michigan, Southern Utah or Northern Arizona. I'd be less apprehensive about my future children going to the first group, I'd be more comfortable with my school being connected to those universities, etc. Branding means a lot in the luxury item world that is today's higher education.
    Yeah, luxury item isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when I think of directional Michigan. Look I’m not going to pretend it isn’t a real world improvement, but if what we’re talking about is respect or branding let’s get real, it’s not moving the needle for a ton of people.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So CUSA's media deal gets redone this year? This should be interesting. What about the Mac?

In other news ...

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...nt-fox-cbs-nbc
    "Gets redone" for CUSA a very kind way to put it. They are basically begging and pleading with all the second tier outlets for some nickels. All the major networks so far have passed.

MAC's ESPN deal runs until 2027, and is $8m/year, about $670k per school. Supposedly that would have been reworked a bit if WKU/MTSU joined, and part of that was the 15 year GoR. MTSU balked a bit at the exit/entrance fees + 15 year GoR, because they really want to move to the AAC instead. Didn't see any specifics around what the new MAC numbers would have been, but they would have needed to boost it some just to keep the other schools whole.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 08-09-2022 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yeah, luxury item isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when I think of directional Michigan. Look I’m not going to pretend it isn’t a real world improvement, but if what we’re talking about is respect or branding let’s get real, it’s not moving the needle for a ton of people.
    If it's not a luxury market, why are kids and their parents taking out six-figure loans for certain schools when they could get the same (or nearly the same) utility from a much cheaper school? It's because of the brand and ability to show off that you went to the big impressive university. It's like buying a porsche just because you need a car to get to work.

Visibility and branding are massive pieces of the higher education equation. I could be wrong but I think being MW or MAC really helps that.
    *one day later*