Page 658 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1585586086486566576586596606687087581158 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 13487

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Teams that travel to Hawaii are allowed an extra game on the schedule by the NCAA, specifically to help mitigate the geography issue. That's a massive bonus that we're not going to get. At least compare apples to apples.
    You missed the point..Hawaii did decades of all sports without subsidies or even the extra game. You guys think your geography is the only reason you aren't on the radar. That is an excuse...

If you came to the to the MW as football only you would have to pay for that. Hawaii offered to pay the subsidies..It was their idea. If the MW wants you they will add you. Geography plays no role whatsoever..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    You missed the point..Hawaii did decades of all sports without subsidies or even the extra game. You guys think your geography is the only reason you aren't on the radar. That is an excuse...

If you came to the to the MW as football only you would have to pay for that. Hawaii offered to pay the subsidies..It was their idea. If the MW wants you they will add you. Geography plays no role whatsoever..
    I am glad you are on here...adds a unique perspective on these discussions. Hope you keep sticking around.

I disagree that geography plays no role whatsoever, but I agree it isn't the only reason. Just not a large enough population base to be enticing.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So you have the 2 biggest issues in college sports. Geography and money.

Your football is valuable. Your market is pretty small but that would not be a barrier if a conference really wanted your football.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did Lakes hack your account? In posts less than 30 minutes apart this morning you first said geography was tricky, then it's not a concern at all? I don't remember anyone saying geography was an automatic deal breaker, but it is most definitely a top 3 reason we haven't gotten an invite from anyone.
    I do like your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    So you have the 2 biggest issues in college sports. Geography and money.
    You would not have to pay if you went all sports. The cost analysis is all on your side. Is it better to pay for 4 home games ( around 800 grand) or the expense involved with sending your non revenue sports all over ? You have a tighter map with the Summit for your oly sports. There is value there. If your goal is the MW your AD can run the umbers and see what works. When Hawaii made their calculation, the Big West was better for them because they were not going to cold places at high elevation. Quicker trips to sunny California is not bad.

Your AD has to do what works best for you. Unfortunately, the MW does not give away football only spots..It costs money. The key is the MW has to want you and you have to want the MW..Anything is workable.

By "everyone" do you mean everyone active in this thread, the general fanbase, or something else? I think it's very arrogant to assume you know the mind of everyone. I for one am 100% against any jump that doesn't involve at least one regional partner. I think that because I'm confident going alone will be a failure and I don't want to harm NDSU. The simplest measure of fan interest(attendance) says the exact opposite of your position.
    I meant in the context of the core fan base (season ticket holders, donors, etc.). And 'everyone' in the context of 90+% of that core fan base. Nothing is every 100% agreed upon by every single person. I knew someone would get excited about my usage of 'everyone' and not 'vast majority'.

I agree that having a partner (SDSU) would be ideal. I think there's benefit to having a competitive historical rival, and it would help with travel. At the end of the day if a MW football-only invite comes I really don't care if SDSU is coming with or not.

Again, I don't understand your attendance point. Our attendance is plunging even with all of our "regional rivalries". Shows how much they matter to the NDSU fans at this point. Maybe our current regional rivals aren't regional enough? Maybe we should drop down to the NSIC? Then we could achieve peak regionality! Think of the attendance then!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Did Lakes hack your account? In posts less than 30 minutes apart this morning you first said geography was tricky, then it's not a concern at all? I don't remember anyone saying geography was an automatic deal breaker, but it is most definitely a top 3 reason we haven't gotten an invite from anyone.
    I do like your perspective.
    I explained why it is trickier..The tough decision would be on "your" side. Does your AD want to take that on? The MW would have no problem adding you all sports if they want you. At this time they do not. There are no vacancies, the tv people won't cover the expense and no school has left yet. Everything is fluid now. Schools will be moving around.

You would not have to pay if you went all sports. The cost analysis is all on your side. Is it better to pay for 4 home games ( around 800 grand) or the expense involved with sending your non revenue sports all over ? You have a tighter map with the Summit for your oly sports. There is value there. If your goal is the MW your AD can run the umbers and see what works. When Hawaii made their calculation, the Big West was better for them because they were not going to cold places at high elevation. Quicker trips to sunny California is not bad.

Your AD has to do what works best for you. Unfortunately, the MW does not give away football only spots..It costs money. The key is the MW has to want you and you have to want the MW..Anything is workable.
    Yep, at the end of the day we're back where we started: the MW has to want NDSU. They aren't going to want NDSU based on geography, major market, recruiting hotbed, etc. All we have to give the MW is that we're a very stable upper-G5 level program with really good academics. Most of us are just hoping for some upcoming instability to change the calculus so that the MW is interested in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Yo MWC ... if the MWC was looking, why wouldn't they look at the Montana schools*?

*Admittedly I gave a reason earlier today in that they don't have 16 NCAA sports.