Page 653 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1535536036436516526536546556637037531153 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

A few of them..In the olden days.

I think NDSU could certainly compete in G5..It ain't that hard. I was just opining that perhaps you would not enjoy playing at weird times against schools you have no history with. I have been on message boards for 25 years or so but until some guy named Lakes Bison came on the MW board, I had never seen any discussion about NDSU. That is not out of a lack of respect for you..I would imagine you rarely if ever chatted about Nevada or San Jose State or NM or any of the other MW schools either..We just never crossed paths.

Lakes started out nice enough but then started insulting the MW school and their fans..He was joined by some guy named tenbobnote. He holds the MW in total contempt. This was all pretty surprising and out of left field, completely. The MW had no openings, no connection to FCS other than playing FCS schools from time to time. That is what brought me to this board..I wanted to see what all the buzz was about.

I respect your run in FCS. I was pretty ignorant of most of it, though..I am not sure how you latched onto the MW as a destination but maybe it will happen..I don't know.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Regarding rivalries, our current conference doesn’t really offer long-term historic references other than UND or SDSU. The UNI rivalry lit up pretty well right when we joined the MVFC. Other than that, the rest of our conference "rivalries" will be very easy to replace. Hell, UNI & UND aren't really competitive anymore so those have kinda fizzled anyway. I have no doubt that at least on the NDSU fanbase's side, new rivalries will be established in the MWC just about by the time the initial excitement of the move starts to wain. I'm also confident in the ability of our fans to annoy other fanbases and stoke the rivalry from the other side.
    Insert something clever here...

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Regarding rivalries, our current conference doesn’t really offer long-term historic references other than UND or SDSU. The UNI rivalry lit up pretty well right when we joined the MVFC. Other than that, the rest of our conference "rivalries" will be very easy to replace. Hell, UNI & UND aren't really competitive anymore so those have kinda fizzled anyway. I have no doubt that at least on the NDSU fanbase's side, new rivalries will be established in the MWC just about by the time the initial excitement of the move starts to wain.I'm also confident in the ability of our fans to annoy other fanbases and stoke the rivalry from the other side.
    Ha, Lakes is pretty good at that all by his lonesome, based on MWC's comments.

If we get some competitive series going, I could see rivalries developing with teams like the new SDSU.
    Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Nevada are about as close to neighboring states as we'll get outside of Montana and South Dakota/SDSU, who I hope come along.

Regarding rivalries, our current conference doesn’t really offer long-term historic references other than UND or SDSU. The UNI rivalry lit up pretty well right when we joined the MVFC. Other than that, the rest of our conference "rivalries" will be very easy to replace. Hell, UNI & UND aren't really competitive anymore so those have kinda fizzled anyway. I have no doubt that at least on the NDSU fanbase's side, new rivalries will be established in the MWC just about by the time the initial excitement of the move starts to wain. I'm also confident in the ability of our fans to annoy other fanbases and stoke the rivalry from the other side.
    The UND one is still there. Damn near lost to them last year.

But yeah, I'm sure we could make a decent rivalry game or two in any G5 conference. But it's hard. (See West Virginia in Big 12). Even forcing the rivalry with South Dakota State was kinda hokey and that's a natural region rival.
    College of Business Alumnus

Rivalries are born by winning meaningful games back and forth a few times. Or dick moves like running a guy into a wall and throwing punches.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 07-16-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Rivalries are born by winning meaningful games back and forth a few times. Are dick moves like running a guy into a wall and throwing punches.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Lol that was the year we sucked right?

Pat Paschall deserved to play on a better team!
    College of Business Alumnus

Part of the rivalry is actually being "friends" colleagues and family with fans of the other team for the trash talking. Will there be on the field rivals no doubt. This isn't a huge hang up but I don't want to "pretend" we're rivals with some other no name in the conference though or stuck in with a bunch of misfits either.

I don't know if it'll happen but that's why montana msu sdsu and ndsu type group It would be interesting I know personally fans of those teams so that is a pipe dream of mine. Not sure und will ever get their crap in a pile to make the jump.

That said the rivalry with SDSU was sort of manufactured and it turned out ok.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sure, but does NDSU really have much of that now? SDSU, sure, but it seems to me like most UND fans have mostly gone into the shadows and don't talk about anything but hockey.

Our current conference isn't full of NDSU historic matchups. We wouldn't really be losing THAT much.
    Insert something clever here...

Sure, but does NDSU really have much of that now? SDSU, sure, but it seems to me like most UND fans have mostly gone into the shadows and don't talk about anything but hockey.

Our current conference isn't full of NDSU historic matchups. We wouldn't really be losing THAT much.
    Exactly. What exciting regional matchups do we have now that are exciting? Most of us don’t want to be in the same conference as UND. USD moves my meter exactly 0. Every single conference game would be an upgrade across the board for almost everyone’s interest level.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

With schools moving around these days maybe rivalries won't much matter any more..