Page 649 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1495495996396476486496506516596997491149 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,490 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Midwest + front range + MT, but NDSU FB brand probably has value beyond that

How much depends how the FBS shuffle shakes out. Is there an internal split or do they all leave? What about NCAA hoops? Lots of unknowns right now and I’d be surprised to see much more movement until there is clarity. 2023 most likely …

AAC sits at 14 and the MWC sits at 12
    NDSU needs to be the first G5 School in the upper midwest. We cannot allow any other to do it before us. There's an opportunity to be a unique FBS School up here with tradition/history and can easily succeed in FBS and become a program that schools like BYU/Boise/Cincy are already at.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU going FBS would instantly make NDSU more popular in Twin Cities and that's a big deal. Right now, sports fans in cities know about NDSU
    What has going DI done for St. Thomas.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    NDSU needs to be the first G5 School in the upper midwest. We cannot allow any other to do it before us. There's an opportunity to be a unique FBS School up here with tradition/history and can easily succeed in FBS and become a program that schools like BYU/Boise/Cincy are already at.
    They don't need to be first they need it to be right.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

MWC today reminds me of this scene from Uncle Buck:

https://youtu.be/jpvkUdMu60A

Don’t get me wrong, they’re valid questions and add to the chat, but the rapid fire nature had me thinking of that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    What has going DI done for St. Thomas.
    They'll be kicking your ass in hoops soon so there's that

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This guys gets it

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    That is your ideal world?
    In my ideal world, the P2 leave the NCAA, the P5 dregs and G5 take NDSU (+ insert one of SDSU, Montana, or MSU) and form the second level with it's own playoff. Not sure that's where we're headed tho ...

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Was literally about to post about how it wouldn't do shit for MSP fan growth.

We are limited to ND and NW MN. Beyond that, limited to alums and their parents/kids. Plenty of them in Minneapolis but thats just how it is.
    I don't see random kids in the Twin Cities deciding to become Bison fans over the Gophers or another team that is a perennial contender just because their games are on Fox Sports 2 or whatever channel they might be on.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    They don't need to be first they need it to be right.
    They’ll do it right by default. NDSU admin won’t take a pay cut for sports just to go FBS, so they won’t consider anything that isn’t an upgrade over what we have now, which should make all MIDCO homers on here happy. And there are many of you apparently ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I don't see random kids in the Twin Cities deciding to become Bison fans over the Gophers or another team that is a perennial contender just because their games are on Fox Sports 2 or whatever channel they might be on.
    Not directly, but it would help with visibility. Increased visibility = increased applicants. This is why we have NDSU billboards down in the cities. Not saying people are automatically going to become fans, but when Mr. and Mrs. Minneapolis' kid is looking to go to school and UofM is too expensive, it'd be great to be the next school to pop into their head.

In my opinion, sports serve two major purposes for a university: 1. A way to establish connections with alumni and 2. Increase visibility. My oversimplified stance is that I think going to the MW helps with both and is therefore in the best interest of the University.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*